(Topic ID: 191788)

Should Budgie be the next rock band themed game?

By o-din

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 80 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by beepnutz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3873 (resized).PNG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    2756 (resized).jpg
    maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    2757 (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    s-l300 (resized).jpg
    budgie (resized).jpg
    budgie (resized).jpg
    There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 6 years ago

I don't see why not.

#2 6 years ago

yes of course!

#3 6 years ago

Just use pinball browser and swap your songs into Metallica...add a custom translite and there is your Budgie pin. Or put the Metallica covers in there as well.

#4 6 years ago

Here is a reason why not...no one has heard of them...

#5 6 years ago

RUSH, we need a RUSH pin. The only thing that will make me lay out 8K for a NIB pin. Dammit, Someone do a RUSH pinball.

#6 6 years ago

Depends. Will there be an actual budgie bash toy?

budgie (resized).jpgbudgie (resized).jpg

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinHead2112:

RUSH, we need a RUSH pin. The only thing that will make me lay out 8K for a NIB pin. Dammit, Someone do a RUSH pinball.

Rush, Hendrix, Pink Floyd, and Zeppelin would all kill it. I know there's a drop in kit (Hammer of the Gods) for Zeppelin by CPR. Maybe something with a little less man nipple though

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

no one has heard of them...

Ever heard of Metallica? Well they must have heard of them to cover not one, but two of Budgie's songs. What rock have you been living under?

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Ever heard of Metallica? Well they must have heard of them to cover not one, but two of Budgie's songs. What rock have you been living under?

O-Din Yes actually I saw Metallica three times in the '80's in there prime and just about every other band from Pink Floyd to Soundgarden... Hendrix covered Bob Dylan that does not mean I want a Bob Dylan Pinball machine. If a Music Themed Machine is going to be successful it has to have a certain commercial following. We all would like a pinball machine after bands we like that are less played on the airwaves but to be something that sells you have to have songs that a certain part of the general public know. Sorry but BUDGIE is not a household name even for this old metal head.

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

BUDGIE is not a household name

Maybe not in West Virginia or other rural areas.

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Maybe not in West Virginia or other rural areas.

Nice...but I did not grow up in WV or Rural more like a subway metro ride to RFK Stadium to see Monsters of Rock in 1987. Not trying to knock your band or even take cheap shots at where you live; but an influential band is a lot different from a popular band with a large catalogue of know songs. There have been lots of bands that have influenced Rock but don't get the credit they deserve.

You asked orginally asked "Why not Budgie" I am just sharing the hard reality that there are MANY MANY great bands that deserve pins that have a wide range of recognition before a more obscure influential band. They just don't have the fan base that Hendrix, U2, Zeppelin , Floyd and many other bands that would make a pin sell.

#15 6 years ago

Everyone in this thread does realize this is just another o-din troll thread right? Not sure why people are taking it seriously.

#16 6 years ago

Weird. I hadn't heard of Budgie until a week ago then I listened to a bunch of their catalog. The do kick major ass.

#17 6 years ago

It would be awesome to see a Grateful Dead game, the playfield would look awesome. Someone could do some killer art for it.

#18 6 years ago

He was one hell of a drummer

budgie (resized).jpgbudgie (resized).jpg

#19 6 years ago

I've never heard of Budgie, but it's got to be better than Rush.

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

I've never heard of Budgie, but it's got to be better than Rush.

Think of Budgie as the Welsh version of Rush - Burke Shelley's singing has been compared to Geddy Lee. Budgie is a three piece band too.

Would be perfect the band for Heighway to do next (TBH I can't think of any other Welsh bands off hand)

One of favorite songs when I was younger "I Turned to Stone":

I'd still rather have Tesla pinball (band/inventor mix).

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from woz:

Think of Budgie as the Welsh version of Rush

Eh, then I'd probably pass. Hated prog rock when it was new, and I've never warmed up to it.

Quoted from woz:

I'd still rather have Tesla pinball (band/inventor mix).

Inventor minus that awful hair band, and I'd probably buy it-- it would make a great theme.

#22 6 years ago

I think they have already had at least three.

#23 6 years ago

In For the Kill multiball anyone?

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

Everyone in this thread does realize this is just another o-din troll thread right? Not sure why people are taking it seriously.

If that is your opinion which obviously is not everybody's, instead of coming here and shitting on me, this thread, and most of all Budgie, why not just drain it and find a thread with subject matter you can better understand or relate too?

Perhaps this one?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-is-gay

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from CollinT:

It would be awesome to see a Grateful Dead game, the playfield would look awesome. Someone could do some killer art for it.

The ONLY choice for art would be Stanley Mouse. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_Mouse

That would be amazing.

#26 6 years ago

People can bitch about how much Metallica sucks now blah blah blah but they put A LOT of dollars into the pockets of Budgie and Diamond Head for royalties off of Garage Days. Those guys are forever grateful, and so am I. Always loved that EP.

#27 6 years ago

I was listening to this long before Metallica even existed. The original....

#28 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

People can bitch about how much Metallica sucks now

Metallica does suck now but I had Garage days on printed vinyl, I was a huge fan of that band then the Black album

s-l300 (resized).jpgs-l300 (resized).jpg

#29 6 years ago

The $5.98 EP.

#30 6 years ago

Original sticker on it said "If this is marked higher than $5.98, STEAL IT!"

#31 6 years ago

Seems I bought that EP about the same time I bought this.

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

#32 6 years ago

I just remembered I had it on cassette too.

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

#33 6 years ago

Both worth a nice dime. Who doesn't unwrap an album like those though?
    No survivors.

#34 6 years ago

What's a budgie? Is that what you get when you get your underwear jammed in your crack?

#35 6 years ago

My GnR still has the plastic on it although played to death in 1987.

#36 6 years ago

Man I had one of those like, suitcases for tapes, and someone busted out my window and stole em cause like a dumb ass kid...I left it in plain sight. That was a 1990 lesson.

#37 6 years ago
    Quoted from kklank:

What's a budgie?

Impeckable!

2757 (resized).jpg2757 (resized).jpg
    maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg

#38 6 years ago

My parents always said, 'Learn something new everyday'. Thanks O-din. Never heard of them and that they were from Wales.

#39 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Metallica does suck now but I had Garage days on printed vinyl, I was a huge fan of that band then the Black album

Hey brother you want yer thumbs down now or later? Too late.

#40 6 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

My parents always said, 'Learn something new everyday'. Thanks O-din. Never heard of them and that they were from Wales.

I may not have heard of them either if I hadn't been hanging out in the Musixbox record store when I was young. That place was a great way to take in all different kinds of music as each guy that worked there was into something different.

It was a Scottish guy named Doug with a heavy accent that told me "I know what kind of music you like and you should definitely check out Budgie" I said which one, and he sent me home with this one. I ended up with all their albums up to Impeckable when my musical interests started to change.
    2756 (resized).jpg2756 (resized).jpg

#41 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Hey brother you want yer thumbs down now or later? Too late.

That's ok, I take pride in every thumbs down I get. Sorry Gryszzz but Metallica did it to themselves, "Whiskey in the jar" my friend that's all I have to say about that.

#42 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Man I had one of those like, suitcases for tapes, and someone busted out my window and stole em cause like a dumb ass kid...I left it in plain sight. That was a 1990 lesson.

It was just a year or two ago that I finally thru my suitcase of cassettes in the shit can. They had already all seen better days 30 years ago.

#43 6 years ago

If you can nominate Budgie, can I request, XTC?

#44 6 years ago

Lol...
    Point Hazzoff.

#45 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

"Whiskey in the jar"

There's another song that was way better when Thin Lizzy did it originally. I give Met props for breaking out Anti Nowhere League's- So What. A real blast from the past.

#46 6 years ago

Death Magnetic is fucking awesome. I don't care who disagrees.

#47 6 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

If you can nominate Budgie, can I request, XTC?

As long as we don't have to live thru another Cuba.

#48 6 years ago

When Budgies on I'm kickin chairs in the yard Art.

#49 6 years ago

I was tripping over chairs in the backyard late last night when I got the genius idea to start this thread.

#50 6 years ago

I just peeked, and my brother posted this photo of me in 81 after an XTC Concert, sans the T-shirt....
    Saw the pic, after I posted....no where else to share...Now I feel like Ted!

Sorry to Hijack...back to Gryzzz and Odin...

(Glad you know the band, Odin!)

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/should-budgie-be-the-next-rock-band-themed-game?hl=pinhead2112 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.