(Topic ID: 32653)

Should Apple get into making commercial pinball machines?

By eggbert52

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 133 posts
  • 61 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by eggbert52
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Should Apple start making commercial pinball machines?”

• No 114 votes
      81%
    • Yes 26 votes
      19%

(140 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Ass.gif
    ABANDONTHREAD.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pen.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from calvin12:

Don't forget an apple pinball would not allow the end user to change the batteries, you would need to send it back to apple with $50 for them to change them. You would also only be able to get replacement parts directly from apple authorized sources at inflated prices. All the pins would get smaller with each release and just be solid white.

True, but it would have no software bugs, it would never break, and all the other pinball makers would try and copy there design after Apple did all of the hard work innovating something that works.

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Build them cheaply in China, then overprice them in the states.... Apple can keep their overpriced junk and stay out of pinball

Please point me to a computer not made overseas.

#73 11 years ago
    Quoted from Max_Badazz:

I know exactly.... However the Chinese junk I buy is not extremely overpriced like Apple products... Sorry, I don't pay a premium to have that "apple status"

I have never understood this argument. I bought my first ipod because it was the best product on the market in every way. I have owned 4 mac computers in the past 10 years and have never had a virus, never had one repaired, and never bought virus protection. All 4 of them were in the 1000$ to 1300$ price range. I decided to buy a PC about a year ago. It was about 1400$ after buying virus protection and it was on sale. I forget the exact specs (64 bit quad core...HP bla bla) Anyway I ended up selling the piece of crap for about 500$ several months later out of frustration because it was so extremely slow, heavy, crash prone, and a general POS (I guess I forgot why I switched to mac in the first place). Three out of the four past macs I have owned are still being used by family members today. Call me a fan boy all you like, but until someone else makes a product for the same price point that I do not want to smash with a hammer because the thing crashes and gets bogged down by virus protection I did not want to buy in the first place, I will be over here still typing on my "overpriced, Apple status" computer that works. Rant over

#78 11 years ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

But that's what Apple is selling, an experience. It's an experience a lot of people like and will pay good money for, like it or not.

I like the experience of my computer working without having to call my IT friends or pay someone to fix it.

I use PC's at work for CAD and machine programming only because I have to.

Is $1000 a lot of money to pay for a quad core mac that will last me 3 years until I feel like making an upgrade, then sell the old one for about 3 or 4 hundred. This whole "Macs are for the snobs" thing makes no sense. If I were to go buy a PC, I would spend about the same money give or take a few hundred.

I do own a few PCs as well. I just much prefer my Mac.

Im not interested in being an IT guy.

Here is an interesting read.

http://alienryderflex.com/why_hate_apple.shtml

#85 11 years ago
    Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Everyone has different likes.....sorry mine doesn't fit yours...sorry you can't handle a dislike opinion....why do apple lovers get so defensive???? They are like Moonies... selling roses for the Reverend Steve Jobs. My friends buy the latest iPhones every version.....and they break all the time....my cheap ass smartphone is working fine after 3 years...and it does the same thing the Apple does. My non-Apple tablet works just as good for half the cost. Does all the same things just as well. Yes, macs work great, especially for music and art. I think those have a place...however its the little electronics that I see break around me constantly that keep me away...not worth the price....but having one for the status (and yes, people get them for status) is not for me

Ok? I think if you make fun of me more you will win an inteligent argumant.

#87 11 years ago

Who here has had a virus on there PC? I have never had one on my Mac's

I think calling someone defensive while at the same time saying "They are like Moonies" is kind of pointless

I also think stating Everyone has different likes, while debating is pointless.

Try and lighten up, I'm not attacking you.

#89 11 years ago
    Quoted from accidental:

The technologies you choose to use say a lot about you. But raging about the technologies others choose to use says way WAY more about you.

Ok

#95 11 years ago
    Quoted from nerbflong:

At least there'd be separate flipper control! And screw taking my pin into the apple store to get it fixed all the time (or my battery changed)

Has someone had to bring there Mac into the store "all the time" ? 10 years here, never have.p

#112 11 years ago

So when a virus is found on Macs there is a News article written.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pen.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/should-apple-get-into-making-commercial-pinball-machines?tu=pen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.