(Topic ID: 32653)

Should Apple get into making commercial pinball machines?

By eggbert52

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 133 posts
  • 61 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by eggbert52
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Should Apple start making commercial pinball machines?”

• No 114 votes
      81%
    • Yes 26 votes
      19%

(140 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Ass.gif
    ABANDONTHREAD.gif

There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 7 years ago

Well should they? With all of the popular Aps they have (Angry Birds, Fruit Ninja, etc.) it could be pretty successful and if any company could ever put the general popularity back into pinball it would be Apple.

So what do you think?

I want to hold off starting a poll so I don't miss an option.

#2 7 years ago

No. Apple would price it at $15k.

#4 7 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

No. Apple would price it at $15k.

If we get the Chinese to make it we could have games for $2K.

#5 7 years ago

They can't even put together a decent set of maps

#6 7 years ago

No.

#7 7 years ago

And on top of that, they'll release the same pin every two months or so with a new version number, i.e. they added an aesthetic curve to the legs. Pass.

#9 7 years ago

Is this thread for real????

#10 7 years ago

They don't own Angry birds or Fruit ninja, or any of those game apps.
    Apple doesn't even want to get into the game on their own platforms. The possibility of them getting into old tech like pinball, is absolutely zero.

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from Goalie:

They don't own Angry birds or Fruit ninja, or any of those game apps.
    Apple doesn't even want to get into the game on their own platforms. The possibility of them getting into old tech like pinball, is absolutely zero.

Sorry, in my original comment before editing I said that while I know they don't make the Aps they have the biggest platform for them.

#12 7 years ago

Apple Has no interest in high investment low volume industry. They make and sell millions of iPhones and iPad, making billions in the process. This success has already seen them move away from their other low volume ventures - including pro software and high performance computers.

This would never happen in a billion years.

#13 7 years ago

Better question: Should Blockbuster start making healthy snacks?

#15 7 years ago

No, but Microsoft should totally start making diapers for monkeys.

#16 7 years ago

I think Levis should make pins. With all the popular jeans (501s, 513, 559, ect.), it could be pretty successful and maybe they could get people back into pinball (like they get people into their jeans) it would be Levis.

#17 7 years ago

I will pass on the iPinball, but put me down for the iPinball Mini.

#18 7 years ago

Stern offers Pro, Premium, LE flavors.
    Apple offers 16GB, 32GB, 64GB flavors.

See the similarity? I don't think we need another company that offers you all the goods they COULD put in the same model for higher prices versus one model with all the goods across the board.

#19 7 years ago

simple answer,no. pinball has gone back to what it was in the beginning, family owned companies.
    gottlieb,bally,williams chicago coin,genco,and many others were all family owned at one time. that's were its going back to and should be. big corporations have done more harm than good to pinball. the family owned companies do it with a love and passion that no one outside of our circle will ever understand.

#20 7 years ago

Fruit ninja was made by a couple of dudes here in Brisbane. Little known fact

#21 7 years ago

Ipinball?=okay, now exhale

#22 7 years ago

Don't forget an apple pinball would not allow the end user to change the batteries, you would need to send it back to apple with $50 for them to change them. You would also only be able to get replacement parts directly from apple authorized sources at inflated prices. All the pins would get smaller with each release and just be solid white.

#23 7 years ago
    Quoted from calvin12:

Don't forget an apple pinball would not allow the end user to change the batteries, you would need to send it back to apple with $50 for them to change them. You would also only be able to get replacement parts directly from apple authorized sources at inflated prices. All the pins would get smaller with each release and just be solid white.

True, but it would have no software bugs, it would never break, and all the other pinball makers would try and copy there design after Apple did all of the hard work innovating something that works.

#24 7 years ago

If Apple got into pinball making it would be an instant success (like everything else they have done) and would bring thousands of new, younger pinheads into the mix. They would make 'hip' new pins with 'out of the box' thinking. Unique and different themes and features that no one has ever thought of. Then you would have several other big companies jumping in as well, copying what Apple did, following in their footsteps trying to keep up... sorta like what happened with iMacs, iPhones, iPads, iPods, etc, etc, etc... It would be great! A BIG YES FOR ME!

#25 7 years ago
    Quoted from PEN:

True, but it would have no software bugs, it would never break

#26 7 years ago

Absolutely not

#27 7 years ago

dont need more chinese made junk

#28 7 years ago

WTF. Stupid topic.

#29 7 years ago

Build them cheaply in China, then overprice them in the states.... Apple can keep their overpriced junk and stay out of pinball

#30 7 years ago
    Quoted from ebjimmyg:

dont need more chinese made junk

I would be interested to hear what cell phone you use? Computer? Coffee maker? Shoes? Give me a list of everything you own and we'll see how much "Chinese junk" you do own!

#31 7 years ago
    Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Build them cheaply in China, then overprice them in the states.... Apple can keep their overpriced junk and stay out of pinball

Ohh boy, here we go! Now everyone is going to jump on the 'don't buy Chinese' bandwagon even though your life, my life, everyones life revolves around Chinese manufactured, assembled, processed, stuff whether you like it or not... some people just don't know what they don't know!

#32 7 years ago

Apple getting into pins is as likely as Baskin Robbins getting into the pin biz .

#33 7 years ago

I don't know what crazy world this would EVER happen in, but I don't think I'd ever want a machine built with tons of stupid proprietary parts that can't be user-serviced, and the glass bonded to the side rails.

#34 7 years ago
    Quoted from eggbert52:

If we get the Chinese to make it we could have games for $2K.

I would not want that.

#35 7 years ago
    Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Please point me to a computer not made overseas.

#36 7 years ago
    Quoted from PEN:

Please point me to a computer not made overseas.

He can't but I'm sure he's "googling" his little heart out trying to find anything that can help his argument. The 'built in China' argument is fruitless! We can hate it and and complain about it but this is where we are... PERIOD! Built, manufactured, assembled, produced, processed you can't get away from China with much of anything, sorry!

#40 7 years ago

Apple is coming out with a line of iOS driven TV's this year too

#41 7 years ago

Nice article but 'haters' are 'haters' and Apple haters are some of the worst. It won't matter what Apple does. Some will hate them forever! And yes, the Apple TV's are in the works! Oh, I know the Apple haters will hate it and sit back and wait for the 'copy cat companies' to make their own version (which will basically be just like Apple's of course)... and they will love those!

#42 7 years ago
    Quoted from teekee:

If Apple got into pinball making it would be an instant success (like everything else they have done) and would bring thousands of new, younger pinheads into the mix.

Except Apple won't enter a market that they don't think will explode into popularity.

This is just about the dumbest thread I have ever seen btw.

#43 7 years ago
    Quoted from DrStarkweather:

Except Apple won't enter a market that they don't think will explode into popularity.
    This is just about the dumbest thread I have ever seen btw.

I agree with both your statements but we're having fun, right?

#44 7 years ago
    Quoted from teekee:

I would be interested to hear what cell phone you use? Computer? Coffee maker? Shoes? Give me a list of everything you own and we'll see how much "Chinese junk" you do own!

unfortunately too much...

#45 7 years ago

Thats like asking if Sony should start making toilets?

#46 7 years ago
    Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Thats like asking if Sony should start making toilets?

Sony has made a third with the PS3 so might as well make a pedestal to put it on.

#47 7 years ago

ABANDONTHREAD.gif

#48 7 years ago

No, but an ipod dock might be a cool addon, insert your own music

#49 7 years ago

absolutely not, balls would be specialized and cost $10 each, anything that broke on the machine would cost 3x what normal parts should be. And lastly, you would have that stupid logo on the machine.

#50 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinstor12:

Ipinball?=okay, now exhale

It would be the iBall, yes?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 79.99
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 265.00
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 92.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 30.00
    Various Novelties
    Game Room Info Shop
    $ 17.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    € 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 209.00
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 199.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Lit Frames
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 149.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 59.95
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 1,000.00
    Playfields
    Pinball Playfields
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 40.00
    Lighting - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 55.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 109.95
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Pinball Pro
    There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside