Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

e8d0be307c1d25b3592d3d6959e34f85_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
Playfield_(resized).jpg
There are 116 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 7 years ago

What shots never become routine, always give that sense of satisfaction that you actually hit it. Shots that are hard enough that they cannot be completely mastered, only attempted and made when the moon and stars align and they are struck just right.

I'll give a few I irregularly experience to start off:

TRON Gem shot. Always a thrill to make this oh so tough shot--but a shot that is key to the game and you had better be able to make it--at least sometimes anyway. Honorable mention for the Gem plunge.

TFTC right ramp. So tight, so hard to make--perfect placement or it ain't gonna go in. Even if it does, it more than likely won't make the vertical loop and will drop off into the lower wireform (thank goodness it still gives points for that).

Either Dirty Harry ramp shot. They look so wide open, but they aren't. Tough shots every time.

Defeating "The Power" on TZ. Beating the countdown and getting the magnets to propel the ball up and through the upper playfield hole is always a rush!

Hitting the Super Jackpot on CFTBL. It takes so much work/luck to even be able to attempt this shot, let alone make it. The best shot of them all in my collection.

#2 7 years ago

1,000,000 point shot in Comet.

Instant hard on.

#3 7 years ago

Now that is a shot!

#4 7 years ago

The Hole in One Shot in NGG is the hardest and most satisfying shot in all of Pinball...

#5 7 years ago

The left lane back to the top on Jolly Roger. If I get it once a game, I'm happy. If it's lit for extra ball, I'm really happy.

#6 7 years ago

Left ramp on Whirlwind

Hole in one on NGG

Secret passage on Whitewater

Skill shot on Tommy

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The left lane back to the top on Jolly Roger. If I get it once a game, I'm happy. If it's lit for extra ball, I'm really happy.

You'll have to show me that one, and the million dollar shot on Comet next time I'm up your way.

#8 7 years ago

Another shot that is not so hard to make but is when it's lit for ten replays is the gobble hole on Frontiersman. Getting it lit for ten replays is hard enough as it is.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Another shot that is not so hard to make but is when it's lit for ten replays is the gobble hole on Frontiersman. Getting it lit for ten replays is hard enough as it is.

The operators must have loved that sequence of events...

#10 7 years ago

Multiball jackpot in WH2O when the 5x scoring is active.

#11 7 years ago

Final shot in super vengeance combo in The Shadow.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

You'll have to show me that one

Oh, you didn't play Roger when you were here did you? See those tiny flippers pointed down and that tight narrow lane on the left side? Well you get the picture.

Playfield_(resized).jpgPlayfield_(resized).jpg

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from MAJRob:

Left ramp on Whirlwind

+1. Especially when it's lit for Millions Plus. Gosh, what a sound with the deep "FEEL THE POWER" voice and light show the game makes. Then you get that groovy tune for the rest of your ball, and everyone in the room knows you just did something good and that you're better than them.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Oh, you didn't play Roger when you were here did you? See those tiny flippers pointed down and that tight narrow lane on the left side? Well you get the picture.

My wife tells me I'm pretty good with a tiny flipper...

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

My wife tells me I'm pretty good with a tiny flipper...

I'm just curious if you've bumped my grand champ score off Dirty Harry yet.

#16 7 years ago

Maintain that curiosity--that score ain't goin' away easy!

#17 7 years ago

Defeating the power in TZ was the first thing I thought of. Hitting the scarecrow crane in BTDK is up there, too. Floating the ball in pinball magic is also great.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

that score ain't goin' away easy!

Many have tried! Funny, I did it on one of my first games...

#19 7 years ago

Congo volcano shot

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

+1. Especially when it's lit for Millions Plus. Gosh, what a sound with the deep "FEEL THE POWER" voice and light show the game makes. Then you get that groovy tune for the rest of your ball, and everyone in the room knows you just did something good and that you're better than them.

Wow, I gotta spend more time on this game! Ego booster!

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Many have tried! Funny, I did it on one of my first games...

I found the more I think I understand this game, the worse I score...

#22 7 years ago

Congo - volcano shot
&
DM - upper ramp by computer
Both very satisfying shots.

#23 7 years ago

It all came together in one game. It's the only reason you have it now.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Congo volcano shot

I was waiting for this shot to pop up--I've got to find this game somewhere so I can play it, I've not seen one at any of the shows I've attended.

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It all came together in one game. It's the only reason you have it now.

Well waddaya know--I thought that contribution I made to your EM fund sealed the deal! You sir, are a bargaining genius!

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I thought that contribution I made to your EM fund sealed the deal!

I may need a house expansion first. But money can buy that too!

#27 7 years ago

Right ramp on Indy 500

#28 7 years ago

The center shot on iron man when do or die is lit!

#29 7 years ago

Quorra then right ramp then arcade. I like that one. Well I guess that's three shots. Maybe that would be better in a satisfying combo thread.

MM damsel rescue

Any shot I don't instantly drain on on BSD

Pretty much every captive ball

#30 7 years ago

It may seem simple but I love nailing any spinner dead on. Not a lot of points but just feels good.

#31 7 years ago

Burying any vari-target.

#32 7 years ago

Hitting the left ramp any time on Time Machine. Maybe it's me but goodness that ramp is hard to hit properly!

#33 7 years ago

Left ramp on DH for the skillshot. "You've been practicing...."

#34 7 years ago

I like the warp ramp in star trek. Running it multiple times is very satisfying to me.

#35 7 years ago

Jump ramp on No Fear and warp ramp on Star Trek.

#36 7 years ago

Sweeping the drops on Space Station and getting that special sound...

#37 7 years ago

Im simple just give me a lit spinner

#38 7 years ago

AFM: The Super Jackpot shot. I love how the tanks fires off 3 rounds and the turret portion of the tank turns towards you with each shot, and the tanksman on top of the tank raises his arm on the 3rd shot. The martian lets out the indelible "SUUUUUPPER JACKPAWWWWWWWWWTTTT!!!! OH BAIBEE!" Never ever gets old. I really won't lie, that callout alone made me buy AFM. Well, that and 20+ years of wanting, wanting, wanting.

BSD: The Castle Jackpot shot. Geez man, every time the girl screams as her face melts away and the cross shines in victory, it is just pure awesomeness. Whether it be in regular multiball for a ho-hum 16M, or in triple multiball where the shot can be 480M-640M, holy crap, it never gets old.

TAF: The Multiball startup sequence. All the lights go out, the buildup starts from bottom to top, and Gomez lets out the amazing "SHOW-TIME!!!" callout. That is just something truly special.

There are others I am sure, but these three are just spectacular.

#39 7 years ago

The longer ramps in truckstop (diverter has to be in for this), the right ramp in wcs that just goes forever, and the volcano ramp in congo.

#40 7 years ago

I enjoy hitting the trapdoor in Funhouse. It's a shot that's tighter than it looks and the "thunk" is just so satisfying. It's even better when it's hit for a jackpot and Rudy screams.

#41 7 years ago

Wow watch @ 5:20 here. It doesn't even look like he shakes the machine... Diner Cup Shot Rules!!!

#42 7 years ago

Final draw on wcs

#43 7 years ago

I have to say that the CONGO Volcano shot is the smoothest feeling shot ever when you make it. It sends chills down my spine every time - it is well integrated with the sound and light (I have the Volcano light mod). It just feels right - makes me tingle all over. LOL

There are a few 3rd flipper combo shots out there that feel quite nice (STTNG, Tron, Xmen to name a few) but none feel quite as satisfying as the Volcano shot.

I love Congo - why am I thinking so hard about selling it. Simple but uniquely fun game. Oh yeah - no more room and I have had it a while.

#44 7 years ago

Not that hard but never gets old... lit spinner on Black Knight! Especially with the volume cranked and a powered sub.

Once more with feeling... Nailing the captive ball on IJ.

F*ck The Power... Slamming a ball into the vault on TAF right through The Power.

Resistance is futile... Delta ramp to the Borg ship for triple jackpot on STTNG during multiball!

#45 7 years ago

MET cemetery and cross.

#46 7 years ago

30 Million!!!!!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#47 7 years ago

Hitting the saucer in Paragon after clearing the drops and locking in your 5x bonus. There can be only one!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#48 7 years ago

Double ramp shot on Sorcerer for multiball, and then twice more for the 3x and 5x playfield multipliers.

#49 7 years ago

The fuel lane in Metallica

#50 7 years ago

The Rudy gulp on Funhouse.

The horseshoe on Space Mission.

The Snake Pit for 50,000 on Gorgar.

Santa on Taxi.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 39.99
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Titusville, FL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 116 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shots-that-are-satisfying-every-single-time-theyre-hit/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.