(Topic ID: 95447)

Shot of me talking on a bit about pinball for the evening news...

By Flippers_com

9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by rotordave
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Flippers_com.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

http://globalnews.ca/video/1403373/squires-take-vancouvers-pinball-wizard#

I have no idea why they called me a wizard - Eden or Robert can clean my clock any day of the week!

John :-#)#

#9 9 years ago

I've always found the evolution of pinball (Intelligent Design?) a most interesting subject. Starting (for me) back in the 70s when I first heard about the games and started working on them I've always been intrigued about the artwork and overall game design. I happen to think that most pinball games are interesting to play if approached correctly. You have to consider a few things - first of all, what was the designer thinking of when he(she?) put this machine together? Were they looking at shots, game time, strictly commercial, or something to get out the door because we don't have any better ideas?
    Many people prefer the newest games - OK, lots of flash, ramps, noise, chatter, etc., not unlike being in a bar or really loud theatre...other people like older games - skill shots, short ball times, make the most of the shots you get because you really have to work to keep the game alive.
    Interesting EM games? Interflip DRAGON, Recel LADY LUCK, Gottlieb El Dorado, and many others. Dragon is an amazing game to play in competition, it is very fast, the most powerful pops I've ever seen with great early electronic sounds that go wild when the pops are flying! Lady Luck - Simple playfield layout, but a lot of fun for single players or competition, the double bell when you get the 50,000 shot is hard to beat! El Dorado - a feast of drop targets!!
    Interesting SS games? Many of them grow on you. Williams Tri-Zone for example - my staff and I have been playing it often for our end of the day tournaments (every night we play for around 1/2 hour to allocate closing up chores), and it has some good plays in it even if it is not considered a classic. The drop targets have sucker shots built in, spelling TRI is not as easy as it looks, and the game only allows you to keep up to 4X bonus from ball to ball, go to 5X and it resets the multiplier to 1X and you have to build it up again. Interesting, so as we learn the game the object becomes trying NOT to get 5X, but to take out the drops enough times that they are 10K each, along with the spinner up to 200 points per flip.

Enough for now. Drop by the shop, play a few games, they are always on Free Play and you know where the power switch is...

John :-#)#

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Flippers_com.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shot-of-me-talking-on-a-bit-about-pinball-for-the-evening-news?tu=Flippers_com and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.