• 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by rkahr
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20160515_012919_(resized).jpg
There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

In your opinion, what pin has the shortest multiball duration?

I just spent 1 hour trying to achieve multiball on Firepower, and when I finally got it, I want to say the 3-ball multiball lasted about 8 seconds.

A huge high followed by a sudden low. Awww...
"All kids out of the pool!!!"

Name the pin, and also provide what you think is the typical duration (as a range) of multiball. (2-ball and up is fine)

-mof

#2 7 years ago

Firepower and Barracora

#3 7 years ago

No hesitation here -- Firepower is my winner winner chicken dinner.
My guess is the typical multiball range is 10-20 seconds.
-mof

#4 7 years ago

Interesting.
I love Barracora multiball... (2 or 3) I feel like there's a lot more space in that game than Firepower and the left outlane isn't as evil.

-mof

#5 7 years ago

Blackwater 100
But on pupose.... it starts with multiball, too frantic it makes you really work ..... and work with no play makes Jack a dull boy

#6 7 years ago

To me TAF often has the shortest multiball- particularly due to the magnet sending the balls sdtm or to the outlanes + there's no ball save...so challenging IMO.

#7 7 years ago

Firepower multiball is absolutely brutal, just achieving it is quite an accomplishment. If you commit all your attention only to the flipper area during FP multiball, with the express purpose of just keeping the balls from draining between them, and forgo things like aiming shots or avoiding draining in the outlanes, you'll prolong your ball times a little, but not much. I'd say average multiball time is 10-15 seconds, and when you have a game where it lasted a minute or more, you feel you really achieved something.

Edit: Fireball Classic is right up there too.

#8 7 years ago

Black Rose. Half the time the second ball doesn't even have time to be ejected before the first ball has drained. And that's when you don't plunge the outlane....

#9 7 years ago

Fireball is a b!tch

#10 7 years ago

Fish Tales.... the bastard.

#11 7 years ago

Another vote for FT

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Black Rose. Half the time the second ball doesn't even have time to be ejected before the first ball has drained. And that's when you don't plunge the outlane....

Diner can hand out some very short multiballs too. With only 2 balls and no ball save, if one ball drains down the middle coming out of the pops when it starts, it can be over before in literally a couple seconds.

#13 7 years ago

Fireball, f-14, taf

#14 7 years ago

Rollergames... 1, 2, 3... Right down the drain.

#15 7 years ago

Stern Lightning is crazy hard to get and last seconds or locks back into place

#16 7 years ago

Nineball, Swords of Fury "for me at least", Catacomb

#17 7 years ago

CFTBL can be merciless.

#18 7 years ago

Mousin Around, always over fast, the cheese locks are so close to flippers. Fire can be fast to.

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from mof:

I just spent 1 hour trying to achieve multiball on Firepower, and when I finally got it, I want to say the 3-ball multiball lasted about 8 seconds.

Yup - another vote for Firepower from me.

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for Williams system 3-7 sound board potentiometer solutions

#20 7 years ago

Ft for sure.

#21 7 years ago

Orbitor 1

#22 7 years ago

Pinbot

#23 7 years ago

Another vote for stern lightning. Balls get locked before they even get to the lower playfield.

#24 7 years ago

To even compete with this it has to be a game with only a 2 ball multiball and no ball save.

#25 7 years ago

Fish Tales - the end!

#26 7 years ago

Fish Tales. Brutal multiball.

#27 7 years ago

IJ well of souls multiball gets my vote. Still, fun as hell!

#28 7 years ago

Apollo 13... highest ball drain count per second for sure. Stern IJ probably close runner up.

#29 7 years ago

I sold my High speed because I didn't like the multi ball. I like longer multiballs because people can enjoy the fun for more time. Who wouldn't like a longer multi all.

#30 7 years ago

Taxi multiball can be darn short sometimes.

#31 7 years ago

Funhouse's quick multiball is just that. Quick.

#32 7 years ago

CFTBL was from the pins ive owned

#33 7 years ago

At least FT has a ball save at the start of multiball. I've had BoP multiballs end before the second ball gets down the wireform to the flipper.

#34 7 years ago

What makes FT multiball brutal if I might ask? I always seem to do just fine with it. Getting super jackpot is a fun little mission.

#35 7 years ago

Firepower for me. Just today I lasted about 4 seconds before I lost two.

#36 7 years ago

I can't get multiball 2, 3, 4 times a game. Then drain without getting jackpot at all.

#38 7 years ago

Big Guns is fast! You don't feel so invincible.
The cannons Fire at same time, brings the balls to the flippers lighting fast, over in seconds.

#39 7 years ago

I would have to second TAF....not sure why, but that multiball gives me more troubles...

#40 7 years ago

Big Hurt's multiballs are sometimes over in a hurry. At least they're easy to achieve!

#41 7 years ago

That''s why I sold mine long ago (12 years now?). I just got frustrated with it and that was that.

Rob

#42 7 years ago

CFTBL for me easily! That 2-ball multiball is incredibly difficult at times for me! LOL!

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Taxi multiball can be darn short sometimes.

Glad it's just not me that thinks that.

#44 7 years ago

Fish Tales

#45 7 years ago

Rollergames

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from mof:

In your opinion, what pin has the shortest multiball duration?
A huge high followed by a sudden low. Awww...
"All kids out of the pool!!!"
Name the pin, and also provide what you think is the typical duration (as a range) of multiball. (2-ball and up is fine)
-mof

Soooooo funny! This was actually my first pin ever and I thought the multiballs were so brutal on this game!
But FT is a tie. Total pain in the neck because of that boat in the middle. Cftbl is a close second because it's only a 2 ball multi. What is that all about? No 3 ball? Cmon!

#47 7 years ago

Strange Science! Hard enough to get, then it can end in a heartbeat

#48 7 years ago

Radical is another I just thought of. Botch the kickout and it's over in a second.

#49 7 years ago

Diner and or creature from the black lagoon. Both can have very short multi ball times.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
€ 24.00
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 27.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shortest-multiball-ever and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.