1%
  • JD 2 votes
    2%
  • IM 17 votes
    20%
  • Other 43 votes
    51%

(84 votes)

There are 96 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

Tonight, I vote for DH. Just can't keep'em going!

#2 9 years ago

Anything I'm playing.

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

Anything I'm playing.

Ha! I feel like that tonight!

I can keep LOTR going a long time though.

#4 9 years ago

I will add a poll if you guys make some suggestions besides DH. Looking around my gameroom and DH seems to win. STTNG might give DH a run for the money.

#5 9 years ago

I can keep mb going on STTNG for muuuuuuch longer than I can on my Firepower!

#6 9 years ago

Fireball

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

I will add a poll if you guys make some suggestions besides DH.

Go ahead, add a poll.

I have both Dirty Harry and STTNG and many other multi-ball games. Vote goes to Fireball because there is no ball save or no re-start feature. Only a spinning disc in the middle of the playfield that usually grabs at least one of the balls and throws it to one of the gaping outlanes or SDTM as soon as multiball starts. Once in a while I can keep it going.

As far as DMDs is concerned Break Shot also has no ball save or restart and can drop all three balls SDTM as soon as multiball starts.

#8 9 years ago

In my collection, the shortest multiballs are on Andromeda and Black Knight. Longest is Embryon.

#9 9 years ago

F-14

#10 9 years ago

Fathom .... unless you cradle a ball practically the whole time

#11 9 years ago

Taxi easily in my collection, multi balls measured in seconds most times.

#13 9 years ago

Sometimes I have very short multiballs on Street Fighter 2. It is only a 2-ball multiball to begin with, and there is no ball saver on it, so often it does not take long at all. If you can make a few shots in multiball, however, it does reward you fairly well.

#14 9 years ago

Dr Dude

#15 9 years ago

Non multiball I would vote scuba and happy clown I played them recently at the expo and they are brutal.

#16 9 years ago

Catacomb, a lot of work and then depression as they all drain away.

maybe flight 2000 as well, but I have better luck keeping them in play. But same thing as catacomb, a lot of work just to get it.

#17 9 years ago

Not sure I am qualified to vote in my own poll - lots of games mentioned I haven't yet played. Fireball being the main one!

#18 9 years ago

Fish tales comes to my mind.

#19 9 years ago

Any game with a multiball ball-saver should be disqualified. Half of my multiballs on Andromeda last about 1/2 second, because the shot to start MB kicks the ball out the right outlane.

#20 9 years ago

Pinball Magic Mini Mayhem. No ball saver :/

#21 9 years ago

TAF gives me fits a lot of the time.

#22 9 years ago

I vote Monday Night Football. Brutally hard because once it starts you have about 10 seconds to hit the super jackpot and my nerves mess it up most times.

#23 9 years ago

Creature from the Black Lagoon bar none.

#24 9 years ago

yep for taf and creature of the black lagoon

#25 9 years ago

Among games with auto-firing ball savers, NBA Fastbreak gets my vote.

#26 9 years ago

F-14 easy, especially after I rebuilt the flippers and the travel length is shorter. But that makes fighter jackpots so much sweeter.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Any game with a multiball ball-saver should be disqualified. Half of my multiballs on Andromeda last about 1/2 second, because the shot to start MB kicks the ball out the right outlane.

If it were not for ball save, I would have no balls at all.

#28 9 years ago

Firepower and Fireball Classic.

#29 9 years ago

I've had my Laser War for a year now, and for whatever reason, I rarely even get to play 2-ball multi-ball. Usually as soon as the second ball goes into play, it or the other ball goes down the center right off the bat. (I'm not a shaker.)

But boy, a few weeks ago, I finally got all 3 balls in play, and my heart was pounding the entire time.

#30 9 years ago

Any Lawlor game. My TAF, RS, TZ and FH have such brutal MB's.... If you can't hold a ball in about 3 seconds of it starting, forget MB.

#31 9 years ago

The quick multi ball in funhouse is just that. Quick.

#32 9 years ago

I'd go with Black Hole. One of the hardest to start and when you do finally start it it doesn't seem to last long, especially if you don't open the gate by hitting the drops on the lower playfield.

#33 9 years ago

What!? No mention of BSD?!!!

#34 9 years ago

Don't have too much trouble with DH. Fireball is rough, for modern Creature can be over so quick.

#35 9 years ago

Creature can end quick but you always have the snackbar.
I've always had a hard time with Whirlwind and Bride.

#36 9 years ago

Sure...if you can hit the damn thing . You can put it up the ramp to get rid of a ball which helps, but DH you can continually cycle them through hole/warehouse

#37 9 years ago

+1. Can literally be over before it starts if the ball comes out of the pops SDTM.

#38 9 years ago

Strange Science. Toughest multiball to get. And then those 5 balls disappear in a flash.....

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

lots of games mentioned I haven't yet played. Fireball being the main one!

Here is a short vid I found of Fireball. He starts multi-ball three times in this video and it will give you some idea what you are up against.

#40 9 years ago

Multiballs are quick on Fireball, but quick multiballs don't really hurt scoring too much. The big points come from locking a ball and getting another shot at the plunger skill shot. More big points come when the balls are kicked out as multiball starts. During multiball, there's really not a whole lot of scoring to do...

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from mot:

During multiball, there's really not a whole lot of scoring to do...

I know it is more advantageous scoring wise to hit the Wotan lane and get those points, but releasing Odin while the moving bonus is on 5000 points is a most satisfying shot.

#42 9 years ago

black hole - Takes forever to start and you blink and it's over or you don't hit all the lower playfield targets and it drains away. I hate that game.

#43 9 years ago

Demolition Man and Judge Dredd. Most of the times the extra balls aren't helping and are just in the way of each other.

#44 9 years ago

My Genesis seems to beat me up pretty good with the multi-balls but I can hang a little bit with my Dr. Who!

#45 9 years ago

The Wiggler, dawg.

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

What!? No mention of BSD?!!!

Totally forgot about BSD. When you miss your ramp or orbit it sucks!!!

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Here is a short vid I found of Fireball. He starts multi-ball three times in this video and it will give you some idea what you are up against.
» YouTube video

Wow - cool video o-din. I have never even seen a Fireball before I guess. No ball save and no in-lanes either!!! Brutal.

#48 9 years ago

Dr Dude's 2-ball is usually super short. Which is made all the more frustrating given the amount of work required to get there.

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

I have never even seen a Fireball before I guess. No ball save and no in-lanes either!!! Brutal.

I sometimes see mine in my nightmares. Just kidding! It is a lot of fun and I have other machines that are even bigger drain monsters.

#50 9 years ago

TX Sector is really short because of the extra side to side kickers.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 959.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 15.00
£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lewiston, NY
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

£ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Washington, NJ
$ 27.95
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 96 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shortest-multi-ball-times and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.