Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Lt Dan (resized).jpg
C79886EF-9213-4F1F-834E-93282B4451A7 (resized).jpeg
292C908B-122F-4B20-8DD4-4695743D70D8 (resized).jpeg
There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

We have seen threads about the furthest that you've traveled for a pin, but what is the shortest distance that you traveled for one? And I am not including shows and such that you've attended, I mean something that was arranged on CL, eBay, or otherwise. And what was the background story of the pickup?

I picked up a Hot Shots about 1.5 miles from my house, and a Fireball about 2 miles from my house. Both were calls from flyers that I hung up locally.

The guy that owned the Hot Shots called and wanted to know if I was interested in purchasing, which I told him "no." He still wanted me to come out and look at it to give him an idea of what it might cost to fix it. What the heck, it is only 1.5 miles from me, so why not? I got there and then gave him a few names and a general idea of what it might cost to fix it. He really seemed reluctant to get it fixed, and practically begged me to drag it away, so I gave him a little bit of money, loaded it up, and was on my way.

Another guy called me about his Fireball (EM) that did not work in his basement that he wanted to sell. When I got there, I hit the flipper buttons and he watched the playfield light up, he declared that I had fixed it. From the time that he called me to the time that I arrived, he did a little research on eBay and realized that it was a desirable machine, so he decided he was going to put it on eBay instead. Anyway, to make a long story short, about 2 months after I initially visited, he called back and we struck a deal--and I wasted no time getting there to pick it up.

#2 6 years ago

OH I wish someone had pins near me. I live in a small city, not many pinball guys in this area.

#3 6 years ago

JM and CBW 3 miles from me

#4 6 years ago

Sold a pin to a guy that lived less than 1 mile away from my house. The guy is low key and doesn't sh ow up to the meets. Dropped off the game to find a brand new SW Pro in his house. I invited him to join the league but guy seems set on just playing pinball in his basement.

#5 6 years ago

The closest was a 15min drive up the highway. Usually I find games 1-3hrs away

#6 6 years ago

The $50 Pharaoh I scored off Craig’s List last week was about 5 miles away from me. The furthest was a 13 hour round trip to Chicago and back for my Guns N Roses.

#7 6 years ago

I block for a Cover Girl...6 blocks for a Monday Night Football!

#8 6 years ago

About 3 or 4 blocks from home. Got a LW3 that needed a bunch of stuff. Looks and plays great now. The same guy has a nice Black Knight I'm considering.

#11 6 years ago

I won't be winning this contest, living out in the country on a farm. Bought a couple of pins from friends in town about 14 miles away.

#12 6 years ago

Multiple pins within a 7 minute drive, also recently sold a game to a buyer who lives about 3 min. away.

#14 6 years ago

My buddy sold me his nice AFM after he had gathered the parts from which to assemble a mint AFM. He and another friend loaded it into his pickup truck and drove it the few miles over to my house one Sunday in July 2007. After he helped carry the AFM down to my game room he helped me carry the NIB BBB that I'd picked up In Bloomington, Illinois the day before. That was a very nice Sunday.

It's now more than ten years later and he's been busy on other projects and hasn't ever gotten around to assembling that mint AFM.

#15 6 years ago

Found a $850 Dirty Harry on Craigslist in 2008, less than 2 miles from me.

#16 6 years ago

Around 1/2 mile to grab a Tommy and an Egret 29. I legitimately could have rolled them home on a dolly. Seller was a great dude too, but happened to be moving and didn't want to bring them along.

#17 6 years ago

I sold 3 pins to a guy 5 min walk from my house. Actually thought of keeping the pin on a dolly while I roll on the sidewalk.

#18 6 years ago

Does having someone bring them to you count and help you move them with an escalara? If so, 0 miles

#19 6 years ago

I once picked up a Meteor at a Park & Ride bus stop a few miles down the road. (Come to think of it, I've purchased 3 pins in parking lots... I may have a problem)

#20 6 years ago

A free firepower about 3 miles away.

#21 6 years ago

Shortest I've traveled is the end of my driveway. Most of my pins have been delivered, but I need to jockey cars in the driveway. Some of you guys sound insane, driving 2 miles or even wasting 15 min in traffic.

#22 6 years ago

6 miles round trip for a TOM.

#23 6 years ago

It was about 35 minutes from the house but I was at the hospital 5 minutes away visiting the wife so I snuck off.in my defense its her favorite machine and the only one she has ever turned on to play without me.

#24 6 years ago

I opened my front door one day and saw an f-14 about 20 feet away in a dumpster.

So, that.

#25 6 years ago

I bought my neighbor's SM Vault.

#27 6 years ago

1 mile for a fireball home edition. They even saw my wanted ad on pinside!

#28 6 years ago

This year I got a Middle Earth across the street and 1 house over from me. I wheeled it home on my pinball lift!

#29 6 years ago

0 feet.

Guy drove in my driveway with a pin (Gottlieb Magnotron) and I bought it in my driveway. Moved it 20 feet to the garage and had a buyer for it the same day.

Also won a Gottlieb Aloha in a raffle and sold it to another guy the same day. Never even touched that one.

#30 6 years ago

I almost forgot about this one--my neighbor offered up 3 machines to me for a great price in a package deal. I told him I would help him sell them on CL instead, but he just wanted them gone. So I literally rolled them across the street on a dolly.

#31 6 years ago

2 states - Furthest Drive 9 hours each way

1 Mile or 4 minutes each way

#32 6 years ago

I bought my next door neighbors Flight 2000. He and his son carried it over, set it up and the entire transaction took 10 minutes.

#33 6 years ago

Sold several to a close friend... 5 minute walk... Picking up not so lucky!

#34 6 years ago

A few years back, my neighbor who lived two houses down had a garage sale. I never knew he had any pins until I saw a BK and Fireball that day in his garage. After I paid him, we dragged the BK a few hundred feet and into my house.

#35 6 years ago

High hand & Old Chicago one mile away.
Embryon 1-1/2 miles away.

Paid an average of about $175 for each. (None working)

#36 6 years ago

4 blocks from home.

Saw it for sale, wasn't to interested. An employee told me the pin was for sale in our town. I check the ad again, then told the guy I would be over the next day.

It was in the basement, down a staircase with a turn in it. He said it took him and 3 friends to carry it down the stairs. 2 of us got it back up stairs in no time. He had it for years and wasn't sure how, or if it could come apart.

I know of two Pinsiders that live in Edmonton that can stand in their living room windows, and wave to each other. That doesn't happen to often with internet groups.

#37 6 years ago

Had them show up here in the driveway but not sure that counts. I'd say other then that the closest was the neighbor across the street about a dozen years ago. He had two pins, a Williams Fantastic and a High Speed and a Seeburg working Jukebox, plus thousands of records to go with it....all for $800.

John

#38 6 years ago

Zero. I've bought pins out of my friends trailer while he was visiting.

#39 6 years ago

2 house down for a TriZone. Sold a golf game to my neighbor across the street.

#40 6 years ago

30 mile round trip for Atlantis. Eustis to Apopka and back. I sorta enjoy the longer road trips more.

#41 6 years ago

1 mile, the Grand Prix I got earlier this week.

I think it was in my house about an hour after it was listed.

#42 6 years ago

0 Miles 5 feet. a ball bowler was on a trailer in my driveway

#43 6 years ago

Bally Strike and Spares. Craigslist. 2 miles away. I wish they were all like that.

#44 6 years ago

Tron, one mile from me, also my first pin!

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

OH I wish someone had pins near me. I live in a small city, not many pinball guys in this area.

I was born in Danville, small world. My grandparents worked at the dan river mills for years before they closed. Not a ton of local pins for sale here either. Nashville has a pretty good group of regular sellers though. About 3 hrs away.

#46 6 years ago

I found a Stern Dracula on CL and figured out the seller lived around the corner from me just outside my neighborhood. He has an awesome home arcade and has been the source of at least 5 of my pins.

#47 6 years ago

Road Kings and a jukebox came from my neighbor across the street.

#48 6 years ago

2 Steps, literally 24" outside my back door TWICE!!! (Thanks Brian) lol

#49 6 years ago

I bought a pin and a Golden Tee with the house I bought. Does that count?

I also sold an arcade game on Facebook where it randomly turned out the guy lived less than 2 blocks away from me.

#50 6 years ago

Shortest was my most recent pick up. It was delivered to my house, sold and picked up from my house without me ever touching it. I let a couple of junk haulers I used at my house know that I liked arcade games and pinball machines. They said they had never had a call about picking any of those up, but would keep me in mind in the future. 2 weeks later I get a text from the guy, they picked up a Buccaneer pinball machine and he wanted to know if I was interested. He delivered it the next day and they put it in the garage. I had a buddy who wanted it, so within a week, he came and picked it up. Game never even moved from the original spot on the garage floor. I hope those guys call me again, because that deal was sweet for both sides. I got a pinball machine super cheap and delivered to me and they got paid for something that they had already been paid to take away. Win / win.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 79.95
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shawnee, KS
$ 20.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shortest-distance-traveled-for-a-pin/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.