(Topic ID: 5757)

Shorter legs?

By jitneystand1

12 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3427f1.jpg
    #1 12 years ago

So I picked up a Super Mario Bros. and enjoy it but one thing has been bugging me. The cabinet is huge, a good few inches taller than my other pins. Did these Gottliebs (this is my first one) have shorter legs on them when they came out? And if so where can I get these at?

Since I got it to entice my kids to play pinball it seems odd that you have to be several inches taller to see what you are doing...

#2 12 years ago

Most people with kids have a box to stand on in front of their machines.

#3 12 years ago
    Quoted from absocountry2:

Most people with kids have a box to stand on in front of their machines.

What I really mean is that it's just a bit awkward at the elevated height. It's not that I wasn't able to figure out the mystery of how to make kids temporarily taller

#4 12 years ago

I noticed the same thing. I got a Super Mario a few months ago and it sits much taller than my Stern and Williams pins. My legs are shot anyway so I am going to get a new set, and definitely want them shorter so it matches better in the line up. I don't think the legs are longer, I think where they screw into the cabinet is lower than my others, making the whole game higher.

If you figure out what size to get and where to get them, let me know My guess is about 25" or 26" may match up (currently 28-1/2", same as my other games).

Bill

#5 12 years ago

According to this:
    http://www.pbresource.com/legs.html

SMB would take either 27" or 31" legs (check your manual). I've got a GTB sys 3 Cactus Jacks that used to be super tall when I got it (mine had 31" legs). Its lockdown bar was about 4-6 inches higher than my WMS WPC & sys 11 games. I was able to trade its 31" legs to someone for his 27" legs. Give Steve Young at PBR a call with the 27" leg part#. Or if your current SMB legs are 31", then putting "regular" legs (28.5") would help some too.

#6 12 years ago

Nice pick up on the SMB. Not sure of the leg size, but I know that Gottlieb made a SMB for kid's that was a pinball/redemption game. I'm not sure if the legs are shorter or not though.

3427f1.jpg3427f1.jpg

#7 12 years ago

That would be akward for an adult to play. I looked at buying one of those. The guy's tech drilled a hole lower on the cabinet for the leg bolts. Granted he only had one bolt per leg and didnt even hide the original holes....

#8 12 years ago

They actually have one of these on location near me with the short legs on it. It interesting to see but I would never try to stoop down to play it.

#9 12 years ago

I think if you read the brochure, that table is adjustable, so you can have it set for play at normal height, then when the little kids want a shot, you adjust it down. Not a bad idea, as long as it dosn't alter the pitch of the playfield.

#10 12 years ago
    Quoted from bbozzy:

If you figure out what size to get and where to get them, let me know [] My guess is about 25" or 26" may match up (currently 28-1/2", same as my other games).

The currently on mine are 28.5" and yes I agree that 25" or 26" would seem about perfect. Only ones I can find are 27" though...I don't know that it's worth the cost for that small of a difference.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shorter-legs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.