13 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 years ago by wesperron
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 13 years ago

How long does it take you to strip,buff, and re-assemble a playfield?

#2 13 years ago

so far, i've put in about 5 hours detailing the pf for my Alien Poker. It's now clean and I'm about to start re-assembling it, I figure another hour or so to put it back together. I don't know if that is a long time, but it was fairly dirty and i tend to be overly cautious.

#3 13 years ago

Depends on the game. Waiting for parts is usually my holdup.

#4 13 years ago

Def depends on the game but for me with mid 90's games like, STTNG or Judge dredd etc probably around 20-30+ hours of time to go thru everything clean all parts inside and out - minor fixes repairs etc.

#5 13 years ago

Most EM's I can pretty much do now in about 4-6 hours that is removing everything from the playfield including Pop bumpers and cleaning buffing the playfield, running the star posts through the dishwasher and reinstalling everything with new rubbers.

Machines with lots of ramps etc. Take abit longer,most System 11's take about 8-10 to do a proper job. Except for funhouse, witch is way more complex.

DMD machines of coure depending on how complex the playfield is, take more time. The most of course probably being Twilight Zone or White water.

And the easiest of all time, Pin2000 machines. just remove the whole playfield put it on your kitchen table and get to work. So easy, they should all be that way.

I have done a bunch of work on guys machines around my area, and shopped out some really cool machines. So far my least fovourite was a CFTBL that took around 20 hours. Lots and lots of stuff to remove to get a proper cleaning. But really satisifying to play that first game on a slick shopped machine.

#6 13 years ago

Yes it depends on the game...WH2O took me a long time...It was really dirty and there was alot of fixing...and a lot to remove. I even had to get a rare part welded. 12 hours

But NGG was easy everything came off good cleaned up quick and went back together no prob. 3 hours

But I've only done 3....my 4th will be next week with a MB...

I've got to get that Treasure Cove polish.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shopping-time and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.