(Topic ID: 337023)

Shopping out a playfield with a pressure washer!!

By RandyW

11 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Should you pressure wash a playfield?”

• Are you insane!?!?! 21 votes
    41%
  • Yes you can, but SHOULD you? 10 votes
    20%
  • Heck Yes! 5 votes
    10%
  • Not on your life! 7 votes
    14%
  • Yep, you should be arrested. 8 votes
    16%

(Multiple choice - 51 votes by 44 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6915 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6916 (resized).jpeg
09155E18-F684-45FA-9C96-05AEB577121F (resized).jpeg
269CF885-DC26-4EED-B7AF-4738CF18CFF4_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
980D2AEB-E5AF-46A3-AFAB-17527A786993_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
oxy-acetylene-PCB (resized).jpg
IMG_3310 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3311 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3283 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3281 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3279 (resized).jpeg
180807-F-RV963-1034C.jpeg
#1 11 months ago

I can’t tell you how long I have wanted to take a pressure washer to a playfield… well this one was a great candidate!!

#2 11 months ago

This is something your wife does when she finds out you're cheating...Goes after your HUO Lebowski and pressure washes it.

#3 11 months ago

Good Lord. I hope he washed that filthy garage door while he was at it.

#4 11 months ago

Did you make sure to leave that water soaked wood out in the hot sun all day to dry?

If you really wanted to save it for wall art, there are better ways to clean so the paint stays affixed and water isn't driven down between every crack and wood fiber.

For the next click-bait video, how about "Shopping out solid-state boards with a torch!!" ...

oxy-acetylene-PCB (resized).jpgoxy-acetylene-PCB (resized).jpg

#5 11 months ago

I have seen guys that swear by this method. I think they're idiots but they claim they haven't damaged one yet

#6 11 months ago
Quoted from RandyW:

I have wanted to take a pressure washer to a playfield… well this on

That's a waterpik ! For bad infestations I call the local crew in

180807-F-RV963-1034C.jpeg180807-F-RV963-1034C.jpeg
#7 11 months ago
Quoted from sparky672:

If you really wanted to save it for wall art, there are better ways to clean so the paint stays affixed and water isn't driven down between every crack and wood fiber.
For the next click-bait video... how about solid-state board repair with an oxy-acetylene torch?

You come scrub the poop off the playfield.

IMG_3279 (resized).jpegIMG_3279 (resized).jpegIMG_3281 (resized).jpegIMG_3281 (resized).jpegIMG_3283 (resized).jpegIMG_3283 (resized).jpeg
#8 11 months ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I have seen guys that swear by this method. I think they're idiots but they claim they haven't damaged one yet

Honestly, there would have been zero paint loss, if not for the puddle of urine in the middle of the upper PF.

#9 11 months ago

need a before/after picture to compare

#10 11 months ago
Quoted from cait001:

need a before/after picture to compare

I guess you didn't watch the video.

#11 11 months ago

we did that with a whirlwind and another game 2 summers ago, just kept plastics and metal guides etc. it was fun.

#12 11 months ago
Quoted from sparky672:

Did you know rats and mice can carry things like hantavirus, leptospirosis, lymphocytic choriomeningitis, Tularemia, Salmonella and the plague?

Unless you work on your pins in a hazmat suit, pressure washer was the perfect (safe) tool for this job.

#13 11 months ago

It’s called the poor mans Orbitor 1

#14 11 months ago

Here are the after pictures.

IMG_3310 (resized).jpegIMG_3310 (resized).jpegIMG_3311 (resized).jpegIMG_3311 (resized).jpeg
#15 11 months ago
Quoted from RandyW:

You come scrub the poop off the playfield.

This is your poopy clickbait, you clean it up.

Quoted from phishrace:

Did you know rats and mice can carry things like hantavirus, leptospirosis, lymphocytic choriomeningitis, Tularemia, Salmonella and the plague?
Unless you work on your pins in a hazmat suit, pressure washer was the perfect (safe) tool for this job.

No kidding, regarding the viruses. But how does plain water kill viruses? Maybe the pressure & velocity knocks their little brains out? Alternatively, I'd suggest pure naphtha, unless you think a virus can survive that.

Instead of a chemical/neutralization method, he chose the one that liquified, atomized, and disbursed the poop viruses into the air, back into his face, mouth, nose, eyes, lungs, and garage door. Perfect.

#16 11 months ago
Quoted from sparky672:

This is your poopy clickbait, you clean it up.

Do you even know what clickbait is? Obviously not. Here let me define it for you so you understand.

What's the meaning of clickbait?

Clickbait typically refers to the practice of writing sensationalized or misleading headlines in order to attract clicks on a piece of content. It often relies on exaggerating claims or leaving out key information in order to encourage traffic.

#17 11 months ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Good Lord. I hope he washed that filthy garage door while he was at it.

I actually tried.... I'm going to need a better pressure washer to even touch that poor door. This one is a little Ryobi electric one. Didn't even phase it.

#18 11 months ago
Quoted from RandyW:

I can’t tell you how long I have wanted to take a pressure washer to a playfield… well this one was a great candidate!!

A guy did that to his Rotation VIII and I guess it still works? It hurt my soul.

Post pics of that operator tag on the apron in the operator tag thread

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-us-your-old-operator-decals-etc

#19 11 months ago
Quoted from RandyW:

Do you even know what clickbait is? Obviously not. Here let me define it for you so you understand.

"Clickbait typically refers to the practice of writing sensationalized or misleading headlines"

Your topic title, not mine: "Shopping out a playfield with a pressure washer!!"

Washing poop off a trashed playfield has nothing to do with "shopping out".

#20 11 months ago
Quoted from RandyW:

I actually tried.... I'm going to need a better pressure washer to even touch that poor door. This one is a little Ryobi electric one. Didn't even phase it.

Don't blame the power washer. I'm a contractor and use a 2300 psi Ryobi electric to power wash decks and houses. Hit that door with some Jomax cleaner with bleach and let it soak in for 30 minutes re-applying as needed to keep it wet. The dirt will melt away with the correct tip.

#21 11 months ago

Did it get the dimples out of the playfield?

#22 11 months ago

Rats carry disease? No way. I've seen 'Willard' over 400 times and he seems fine.

#23 11 months ago
Quoted from sparky672:

Instead of a chemical/neutralization method, he chose the one that liquified, atomized, and disbursed the poop viruses into the air, back into his face, mouth, nose, eyes, lungs, and garage door.

The lack of any gear including face mask & shield was noted.

Power washers are great for getting filth on you at that range and angle.

#24 11 months ago
Quoted from JethroP:

I guess you didn't watch the video.

Incorrect asssumption. Luckily the OP posted an "after" photo.

#25 11 months ago

Randy seems like a kewl fuckin dude, carry on soldier.

#26 11 months ago

Now just spray WD40 all over and you have an amazing fully working game!

cleaning up pins doesn't need to be complicated.

#27 11 months ago

In the '80s, one operator here had a large industrial ultrasonic cleaning bath, big enough to take entire playfield. I think he had quite nice results with it, removing old wax from playfield and all black dust & WD40 from the bottom side. Don't know how the playfields were dried afterwards. But of course then they were much simpler than today. No circuit boards etc. under playfield.

#28 11 months ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:Randy seems like a kewl fuckin dude, carry on soldier.

I'm just having fun eeking out a living, working on pins.

Rock on!

1 week later
#29 10 months ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I guess I'm an idiot.

Here's an after and a before.

I do this on old playfields so I can handle them and not constantly get my hands dirty. Or, if the playfield is going to be wall art.

No paint loss on the front side either.

269CF885-DC26-4EED-B7AF-4738CF18CFF4_1_105_c (resized).jpeg269CF885-DC26-4EED-B7AF-4738CF18CFF4_1_105_c (resized).jpeg980D2AEB-E5AF-46A3-AFAB-17527A786993_1_105_c (resized).jpeg980D2AEB-E5AF-46A3-AFAB-17527A786993_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
#30 10 months ago

Hello Dolly

#31 10 months ago

Yes sir!

09155E18-F684-45FA-9C96-05AEB577121F (resized).jpeg09155E18-F684-45FA-9C96-05AEB577121F (resized).jpeg
#32 10 months ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I guess I'm an idiot.
Here's an after and a before.
I do this on old playfields so I can handle them and not constantly get my hands dirty. Or, if the playfield is going to be wall art.
No paint loss on the front side either.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Ur not an idiot bb. Maybe crazy would have been a better choice of words for me to use

#33 10 months ago

Here’s another one.

IMG_6915 (resized).jpegIMG_6915 (resized).jpegIMG_6916 (resized).jpegIMG_6916 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
La Fayette, IL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shopping-out-a-playfield-with-a-pressure-washer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.