(Topic ID: 36357)

Shopping BSD sucks :( Is JD worse? Whats the worse game you've shopped?

By Winball_Pizard

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Crash
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
100_5561.jpg
IJ.jpg
JDparts1.jpg
JDparts.jpg
#1 11 years ago

Its not that bad to take apart but those subways were hungry for posts and screws this weekend. Putting the coffin ramp back in the wrong order caused me to take the coffin apart a few times in anger. Is JD worse? It looks like a nightmare compared to BSD.

#2 11 years ago

what is really bad is changing bulbs on a sttng....

#3 11 years ago

Rollergames was a bitch because in order to take the ramp off, the playfield has to be removed (unless by the grace of god the rear screws happen to be loose and you have the smallest hands/screw driver known to man).

-BB

#4 11 years ago

I shopped Wh20 last week. That was kind of a pain. But really, not as bad as I anticipated. I'd say my TSPP was worse.

JD does look like it would be a pain...

#5 11 years ago

I've stripped/shopped a lot of games, and I'd agree that BSD, WH20 and JD are the worst. JD was my first ever, so that seemed particularly brutal at the time. I wonder how much easier it would seem now? I just remember that stack of wireforms being particularly tricky.

#6 11 years ago

I agree with bobbyconover.....the wireforms were tricky. The JD was my first ever too, but I got through it and didn't think it was too bad. I took a lot of pictures and that helped. In the middle of a BSD now. Taking a lot of pictures too because I've read people have problems with the reassembly. Are there any other problem areas besides the coffin?

#7 11 years ago

JD took was a pain to reassemble. Did a lot of "taking apart and putting back together".
Talk about parts.

JDparts.jpgJDparts.jpg JDparts1.jpgJDparts1.jpg

#8 11 years ago

First game I ever shopped was Twilight Zone. Damn near convinced me pinball is a crappy hobby and I should never play pinball again.

#9 11 years ago

I just shopped out my BSD recently and thought it was supposed to be an easier pin to shop. I guess it would have been quicker if it was cleaner Isnt that always the problem.

I posted the shop process on my site under "restoration". www.habosarcade.com/Pinball%20Shop%20Out.htm More pictures will follow.

Mike
www.HabosArcade.com

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from goldpins:

I agree with bobbyconover.....the wireforms were tricky. The JD was my first ever too, but I got through it and didn't think it was too bad. I took a lot of pictures and that helped. In the middle of a BSD now. Taking a lot of pictures too because I've read people have problems with the reassembly. Are there any other problem areas besides the coffin?

The coffin is easy to disassemble and put back together but you need to make sure that the switch wires for the wireform return ramp, the one for bats and castle locks etc, goes down under the playfield before you put the coffin back on or you will have to pull it apart again. The whole thing isn't hard its just the order that you put it all back together and the tons of connectors under the playfield to disconnect and reconnect.

#11 11 years ago

my friends indiana jones

IJ.jpgIJ.jpg

#12 11 years ago

BSD is a sinch. Diner sucks it. Loc-tight everywhere and a thousand little pieces.

#13 11 years ago

I'd say Whitewater.

Tons of plastic to flame polish, lots of broken boulders to patch, Bigfoot has to be removed.

Time sucker deluxe.

#14 11 years ago

JD isn't too bad to pull apart but putting it back together is a real pain! It's such a jigsaw and any piece put down in the wrong order can cause trouble later. Some parts wrap above and below others and plastics cover up crucial mountings for parts that sit above them. Lots of adding and removing and adding and removing until you get it back together right.

#15 11 years ago

First pin I ever stripped was F-14....that must be an easy one because I didn't take a single picture.

#16 11 years ago

Worst by far is a Blackwater 100. All the links for upper playfield gates, the PITA apron, the way stuff just falls out of reach.

It's the one I swore at the most.....

Later,
EV

#17 11 years ago

My worst is RBION.

#18 11 years ago

Is T2 considered easy?

#19 11 years ago

I'm going to say Stargate was FAR FAR worse than STTNG. And I had about *everything* off of STTNG during the time I had it.

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I'd say Whitewater.
Tons of plastic to flame polish, lots of broken boulders to patch, Bigfoot has to be removed.
Time sucker deluxe.

Whitewater was a piece of cake. BSD was a pain in the butt. I can't imagine how bad IJ or TZ is to shop.

#21 11 years ago

Hey,

Twilight Zone is torn down in my basement right now. I think I have six hundred pictures plus a pant load of notes. Nothing too intimidating if you keep track of how everything goes back together, but then again, it's not back together yet...

Luke

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from lukerp:

Hey,
Twilight Zone is torn down in my basement right now. I think I have six hundred pictures plus a pant load of notes. Nothing too intimidating if you keep track of how everything goes back together, but then again, it's not back together yet...
Luke

That's the trick though isn't it ... "Pictures and Patience". The credo for successful shopping.

#23 11 years ago

LOTR was no picnic either lol I find it's not so much for me were things go but in what order it goes back... I guess I should take notes and not just photos...

100_5561.jpg100_5561.jpg

#24 11 years ago

I'm thinking someone needs to create shop guides that cover pins in layers (every piece divided into steps is just too nuts). Each layer is a "step", and you can rate a pin by the layers. "Whitewater is a 7-layer shop", "BSD is 9 layers", etc...

Just my crazy two cents...

B

#25 11 years ago

STTNG was one that I thought was fairly easy. I was sort of intimidated by the subways but actually not bad. LOTR was not easy.

Take pictures with your cell phone or camera in stages as you go. The manuals dont necessarilly cover every little detail of everything. It's that one area on a playfield where you could used the help that the manual skips My biggest gripe is what size spacer go for ramps, plastics and the buildings go. I did document what the sizes were on my page http://www.habosarcade.com/Pinball%20Shop%20Out.htm More pictures will follow. When I shop my WH20 I'll do the same.

Mike

#26 11 years ago

"Pinballs are... like onions!"
*sniff* "They stink?"
"No."
"Oh, they make you cry."
"NO!"
"Oh. You leave 'em out in the sun and they get all faded and start sproutin' little white hairs?"
"NOOO!! Layers! Onions have layers. PINBALLS have layers. Ya get it? They both have layers. *sigh*
"Oh, they both have laaayers, oh. You know not everybody likes pinball."

image.jpgimage.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 5.00
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 84.99
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shopping-bsd-sucks-is-jd-worse-whats-the-worse-game-youve-shopped and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.