New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 104809)

Shopping Black Rose - Please Help!

By gac

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by gac
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Does anyone have any tips/suggestions for accessing the upper playfield of a Black Rose? Is there an easy way to access the center metal ramp to remove it as well as the ramp that runs behind the backboard? It seems like the playfield has to come out in order to get at it. Thanks all.

#2 6 years ago

Nobody has ever shopped Black Rose?

#3 6 years ago

Shopping a BR is something you only do once Unhinge playfield and pull it as far forward as you can to access the flasher bracket which is held in with 2 screws top and bottom. Then you can get at the white ramp and wireform. There is no easy way. One of the worst games to shop!

#4 6 years ago

I love the game my bro has one as far as removing the center ramp I have never done it but I did see thread on here that its a bit of work I think it said you have to get playfield all the way out and then take out the plastic cover surrounding the DMD display to get to some screws that hold the back of the ramp in place ... don't take what I said as gospel as I have never done it just trying to help out....... search some other threads

#5 6 years ago

sk8 and Tecumseh - thank you for the replies. I was afraid that I would have to unhinge the playfield. My concern is how do you support the playfield after it's unhinged to work on it?

#6 6 years ago

good question... only ideas I have is that you will have to make some wooden stands or something and place them carefully & strategically under the playfield .... or suspend it somehow from above but that might necessitate an A frame of some sort

#7 6 years ago

I was able to get to mine by lowering the back box, wasn't easy but with various items as extensions able to clean and replace bulbs etc.

#8 6 years ago

Thanks out-west for the reply. In addition to gaining access for cleaning, I want to replace the center wireform/ramp which is mounted on the playfield somewhere back there! I think that is going to be my biggest problem. I am just hoping that someone that has done it knows an "easy" way to get at it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 19.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 87.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside