Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by ff6735
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-778.jpg
    image-744.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

Just like it says.

In your opinion what defines a shopped game vs restored game?

Does one fetch more money when it comes to sales?

#2 9 years ago

Shopped, anything from dusting to removing ramps etc to thoroughly clean up the playfield and replace all rubbers. Restored, making a machine to look as close to new as possible. New parts and decals etc
    Of course people use these to mean anything under the sun but good restoration definitely raises the value of the machine. Good shopping can add something to the value too, but it depends on the condition

#3 9 years ago

Here we go again....

#4 9 years ago

I believe

-Restored should be at minimum just as good as new, if not better.

-Rebuilt should mean - 100% gone through and cleaned - every switch, every relay (on an em), wire, etc clean. The difference between this and restored would be originality. Rebuilt might be original playfield, cabinet paint, etc with restored being repainted/decaled.

-Shopped should mean clean, 100% working (including bulbs), new rubber.

I have found that it is best to know who you are dealing with and how they interpret those terms. I would always expect more money for Rebuilt/Restored. Depending on the era, I would pay more for one of those over the other. I generally expect shopped unless its a project game.

#6 9 years ago

HUGE difference between the two. One big difference would be the outward appearance of the cabinet. It usually wouldn't get anything more than maybe a wiping down in a shop job. A restoration would have the cabinet looking like brand new.

#7 9 years ago

It doesn't matter, both terms are meaningless. I've seen games advertised as shopped where they just ran a rag, all the way to what I would consider restored. I've seen "restored" games with rusty ramp flaps...

Quoted from ff6735:

In your opinion what defines a shopped game vs restored game?

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from Giardiasis:

The first thread in that list is by far the definitive resource on the subject. Study it carefully and let it sink into the inner depths of your psychology/psyche.
    ENCOURAGEMENT, yes?!?

I hope your day job is not a comedian.......... I've read your other post, you've been in pinball 5 seconds. Stop trying so hard dude

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from ff6735:

I hope your day job is not a comedian.......... I've read your other post, you've been in pinball 5 seconds. Stop trying so hard dude

Can you provide us with definitions that all can agree on
    I try harder next time, Pappa Bear. I promise!

image-744.jpgimage-744.jpg
    #12 9 years ago
    Quoted from Giardiasis:

Can you provide us with definitions that all can agree on
    I try harder next time, Pappa Bear. I promise!
    KB

image-778.jpgimage-778.jpg
    #13 9 years ago
    Quoted from ff6735:

image-778.jpg 23 KB

Lol! Jack's a great actor! Love him in the Shining! Good times. Oh, and you are nowhere near close to pissing me off. It's nearly an impossibility.

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from Giardiasis:

Lol! Jack's a great actor! Love him in the Shining! Good times. Oh, and you are nowhere near close to pissing me off. It's nearly an impossibility.

Totally agree. For me, his best was the Departed. Funny thing is I work with a guy who's close to him in age and looks strikingly similar.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shopped-vs-restored and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.