• Latest reply 10 months ago by ArgosySK
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wll-b6613 (resized).jpg

#1 10 months ago

I'm having trouble getting the shooter to align properly on my Magic City project. I even had to resort to taking off the playfiled braces (metal tangs than fit into the front of the cabinet when playfield is lowered) so I could push the playfield closer to the front of the cabinet. It is still pointing to the right too much. I have loosened the shooter mounting brackets and tried to align it as well. Is there something else I can do? Will try to post a photo later, if that helps.

#2 10 months ago

Did you check to see if the shooter is straight? I've got one that's a little bent and I get different shots depended on how it's rotated.

#3 10 months ago

I had the same issue on an early 60's Williams. The PO had even tried to level the ball lane where it comes out with boat resin.
I tried several different lengths shooter rods (after removing resin), different tweaks on table hangars, nothing really worked.
It was a little better and worked somewhat when I sold it, Buyer was made aware.

]

#4 10 months ago

Hmm, I have had a bunch of 60s Williams games and never experience one I wasn't able to get adjusted correctly. Bent rod is possible. If you spin it does it make a difference?

#5 10 months ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Hmm, I have had a bunch of 60s Williams games and never experience one I wasn't able to get adjusted correctly. Bent rod is possible. If you spin it does it make a difference?

I tried a different rod. Same issue. May need to buy a new shooter unit - stock ones not available anymore, but the later chrome ones will fit. Maybe that will line up better. Guess I will keep trying on this one.

P.S. It was NEVER working right from the day I got it. I just though I could fix it.

#6 10 months ago

Marco sells the original style beige shooter housing. PBR also lists but is out of stock. These do break from people leaning or lifting on the rod. Could be your problem?
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/3B-7160-T

#7 10 months ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Marco sells the original style beige shooter housing. PBR also lists but is out of stock. These do break from people leaning or lifting on the rod. Could be your problem?
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/3B-7160-T

WOW! I did not see that on the Marco site. Thanks for the link. Yeah, mine has a hairline crack in it and may be warped. Good part to try to replace.

#8 10 months ago
Quoted from Tonup69:

I'm having trouble getting the shooter to align properly on my Magic City project.

Do you have a pic?

#9 10 months ago
Quoted from currieddog:

Do you have a pic?

I'll get one soon. It's at my warehouse work space.

#10 10 months ago

Check if the barrel spring is broken on the shooter rod. I have had 3 or 4 machines have the tip of the shoot rod rubber cut off because the rod was getting clipped by the play field when lifting it when the spring was broken. Image from PBR.

wll-b6613 (resized).jpg

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside