Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Boise_D
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

141535010634_1_0_1.jpg

#1 4 years ago

Hey guys, just a quick recommendation question…

What shooter spring would you recommend for Taxi and F-14?

The regular spring for F-14 is a little bit weak, but it still gets the job done, the regular spring on taxi is way too weak to get around the Spinout ramp more than twice, and the red spring is too strong in my opinion, I'm afraid of breaking the ramp..

Let me know what your thoughts are.

#2 4 years ago

The red Williams spring is the highest, followed by the blue. I have the blue in F-14, I feel it is plenty sufficient and there's no real need to slam the ball through the wireform. In my Taxi I have the red spring, so I can get to 100K but occasionally a full shooter pull will go past it. I have no worries since I repaired my spinout with fiberglass and epoxy it is way stronger than originally.

#3 4 years ago

Ok great, thanks.

#4 4 years ago

After reallyplaying taxi last night, I realized that even a full plunge won't get past 50k, most of the time landing on 25k.. All new shooter parts were installed.. Odd?

#5 4 years ago

This is with the red spring..

#6 4 years ago

Make sure your shooter tip is aligned properly. Put a ball in the trough and make sure the tip is hitting the ball dead-center.

#7 4 years ago

How old is the spring?

Also, I have red in my f-14, feels great.

#8 4 years ago

This is one of those things you often have to fiddle with adjusting, usually just the shooter alignment. Make sure you have a good quality shooter rubber tip too, if it is spongy or cracked, forget it - you won't be getting max plunge power.

The spinout must not move either, if it rocks around a lot it will rob the ball of momentum. Wax the spinout and make sure it is clean as a whistle.

#9 4 years ago

Great, thanks for all the pointers

#10 4 years ago

How do I adjust the contact point of the plunger tip to ball area?

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from Lescell:

How do I adjust the contact point of the plunger tip to ball area?

For me, the metal playfield hangers were bent allowing the playfield to sit too low. After straightening them in a vice, the plunger hits near the center of the ball & I get to 100,000 usually.

(not my picture) but these:
141535010634_1_0_1.jpg

#12 4 years ago

Red spring. For me, things that affected spin out was table balance/angle and spin out plastic adjustments. I've been able to get past 100k and back to 100k, though I usually top out at 100 + 75k

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
2,650 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Annapolis, MD

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside