(Topic ID: 195169)

Shooter Sleeve

By GreenMarine

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    7a0fe252f7f6ad0888a5e997db93037970ff92f9 (resized).jpg
    1486317740_maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20170809_010221 (resized).jpg
    51u6Rq84T5L (resized).jpg
    square-peg-round-hole (resized).jpg
    200_s (resized).png
    th (resized).jpg
    IMG_0115 (resized).JPG
    20170807_011151 (resized).jpg
    20170729_003421 (resized).jpg
    20170807_010553 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#58 6 years ago

I'm gonna nominate this for the 2017 Pinball Darwin Award.

I will admit to doing something like this once. I painted the "tread" side of my Pinewood Derby race car wheels. I finished in last place.

Of course I was 8 at the time...

#62 6 years ago
    Quoted from GreenMarine:

Tell me how it won't operate properly?

You don't have to be Stephen Hawking to understand that if you increase the amount of matter, it changes the size and dimensions of something.

You have made your shooter rod thicker. You have also made the shooter rod housing thicker.

Therefore the parts will no longer function as they were designed to. But who cares? They are now sparkly which is the important thing.

The Pinball Darwin Award is not without it's perks. The powerdercoated shooter rod will live on in pinball lore.

#66 6 years ago
    Quoted from GreenMarine:

If I get a sleeve that fits then I'm assuming it will operate, correct?

OK lets try this again.

You've made the rod thicker.

You've made the hole the rod goes into thicker.

Do you think that wrapping a larger sleeve around the rod will solve the problem?

#70 6 years ago

You got to admire this guy's determination and conviction.

Don't dream it...be it!

#72 6 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

this reminds me of the time i powder coated my cat, sparkles. just seemed appropriate. but then he couldn't fit in the litter box anymore, so he started crapping on my bed when i was asleep. live and learn.

Did you try powdercoating the cat shit to see if it fit in the litterbox better?

#81 6 years ago
    Quoted from GreenMarine:

Ok. You guys say it won't work. Well, won't hurt anything to try. Wish me luck on this endeavor!!

Try not to hurt yourself.

So, if the bending of time, space, and matter doesn't work out, what are you going to do? Have someone bore out the shooter housing, and custom make a sleeve? A larger coil sleeve like one in a flipper coil might work.

#88 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

If a coil sleeve has a larger diameter than a shooter rod sleeve, wouldn't that mean that the coil sleeve wouldn't fit in the housing because it's an even smaller opening now?

Yup. That's why he's gonna have to bore out the shooter housing hole and make it larger.

It's gonna get uglier before it gets prettier.

Unlike you guys who are in the pointing and laughing business, I'm in the problem solving business.

LET'S DO THIS!

#121 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

it will not work, it can't work and it's just going to bind up soon after even if he does manage to get it working for awhile. even if it does work for a bit, it's going to work like crap the entire time, because powdercoat provides at least 78% more resistance, than smooth steel.

Well, the good news is, on TOM the plunger really doesn't have to do much. Only 78 % force is needed compared to other games to get the ball into play.

#131 6 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

I have NO issue with this...
    I repainted my entire Crescendo playfield with UV-reactive highlights and clearcoated it.
    I came up with a new mod for Tron when I was on my 2nd one.
    I put googley-eyes on my STTNG that had full purple armor, and it sold at TPF.
    I'm going to fully convert my WPT into a Voltron custom pin.
    Where you've run into problems is that you brought the issue here looking for advice, then chose to completely IGNORE that advice and not even consider the fact that you might be the one in the wrong. This isn't the "mod removers club" thread... I don't think anyone at all gives a hoot that you were trying to do something unique..most of us like that. But the way you went about it without considering the consequence, and then the willful ignorance and stubbornness.....meh. It went from just simply being absurd and funny to bordering on wondering if this entire thing was, and continues to be, a finely engineered troll post.

Pinside created this powdercoated monster. And now, like the vicious Sloth Bear, it wants to eat it's young.

Time to give it a rest. Pinside is so funny...it's generally frowned upon to violate the "be nice" rule, but every now and then there is one these near-unanimous monkey piles where it's considered "ok" to abuse somebody and everybody gets in on it and lets out all of their pent up aggression.

The guy knows we all think he's doing something pretty stupid and he doesn't care. At this point we've all gotten our licks in and another 2 pages of us telling him an idiot isn't gonna change anything.

So I say Semper Fi - it's time to help this Marine find his way back to base and powdercoat the shit out of the enemy base!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shooter-sleeve?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.