(Topic ID: 117135)

Shooter Lane switch not working...Advice?

By Pincrawler

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Hello All

The switch in the shooter lane on my MET has stopped working. I had a tech notice or whatever it was show up, and it does not work at all. Is there something I can do to try and fix it at home or just call my Dist and see about getting a new switch. Machine was NIB in December.

Thanks in advance.
Sean

#2 9 years ago

Figure out what is wrong first before throwing money at it.

Do you have a meter ? See if switch works.

Go to Tests - switches - use your finger then a ball, does it work there ?

Broken wire at the switch ? Or broken wire/bad connection from switch to switch through connectors back to board in the head.

More likely not a bad switch.

LTG : )™

#3 9 years ago

Sorry, should have noted that I tested the switch, does not work with finger or ball. No broken wires, or solder joints on the switch itself. Have not checked the wires heading back towards the head. I will have a look in that direction.

Thx LTG

#4 9 years ago

The easiest way to test if the switch is broken or not is :
Go into switch test and short the white and green wire at the switch with a plier or sth.
If it shows the switch on the dmd your connection is ok and the switch broken, if not ask for further advise .
Good luck
Jens

#5 9 years ago

:DThanks for the tip wellarmed. I will try this tonight.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shooter-lane-switch-not-workingadvice and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.