• 18 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Pvdj446
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Hello folks

Over the course of the last 3 days, with regular play my Getaway all of a sudden has changed.
No moving the machine around, not toying with it, nothing. However still something changed...

Whenever it tries to eject a ball into the shooter lane, 50% of the time it will fall back into the through if there are 3 balls present. If 1 or 2 are locked, it will instead fall back into the through 90% of the time, making it really hard to play... Ball launch takes forever, and sometimes it never happens, and the machine ejects the ball from the lock, and during multiball it may never actually get out of shooter lane....

Anyone had this and dealt with it?

Fred

#2 9 years ago

Check the basics first. dirty or worn parts. Coil sleeve cracked or broken.

LTG : )™

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Check the basics first. dirty or worn parts. Coil sleeve cracked or broken.
LTG : )™

It appears that it fires too hard all of a sudden, thus making it bounce back in...

Nothing is broken-

#4 9 years ago

If no one has an idea by description, Ill shoot a video in an hour or so.

#5 9 years ago

My wcs does this when it gets off the level. Maybe it shifted a little or even the cab flexed around the legs. try lifting the front of the cab up and putting it back down. that solves my issue. My floor is about as level as a choppy ocean... The first chance funds allow it I am going to put down a sub floor...

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from FrederikFrost:

It appears that it fires too hard all of a sudden, thus making it bounce back in...
Nothing is broken-

My Bally Atlantis does this too. When there are 2-3 balls in the trough, you get an occasional fall-back. But when the others are locked, and only one in the trough, it keeps bouncing back and eventually errors out the game. (fuse error.... power cycle and its fine)

I tried bending/deadening the plate its hitting, but no go. I also tried weaking the spring on the trough up-kicker a bit, to no effect. I'm tempted to continue weaking the spring (or going with a weaker coil.

I agree that it may help to increase the playfield angle... but I think that really shouldn't be a workaround.

(My STTNG does this to a certain degree too... regardless of how many balls are in trough.)

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

My wcs does this when it gets off the level. Maybe it shifted a little or even the cab flexed around the legs. try lifting the front of the cab up and putting it back down. that solves my issue. My floor is about as level as a choppy ocean... The first chance funds allow it I am going to put down a sub floor...

I tried to do as described, I also tried to relevelling but alas, it still does it.

Video will be uploaded in a sec, though it seems like you guys know whats going on.

#8 9 years ago

I had the same problem with mine in the past. There are two things that go along with this problem that I found.

So, the first thing...
See this picture: http://forum-s3.pinside.com/201311/1282092/160206.jpg
When the ball kicks out there are two metal "flaps" that direct the ball to the correct location as it's leaving the trough. When these got bent, the ball would not exit correctly and then bounce back into the trough.
You just have to bend them back to the correct position.

The second thing is "why is this happening?"...
On mine, it turns out that my shooter wasn't correctly centered on the ball and sometimes it would end up shooting the ball into the metal "flap" during multiball when things were going fast and crazy.
Here's my thread where I fixed that problem: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hs2-plunger-alignment
Before I aligned the plunger as shown in the thread, I was getting this problem repeatedly every so often. Now, that I've done the fix, it hasn't occurred again.

Hope this fixed your problem. I know how annoying it can be when the ball won't leave the trough.

#9 9 years ago

Bend the trough lane flap down a bit, which will direct the ball to launch down a bit towards the shooter lane plunger ... instead of launching directly across into the shooter lane (and then bouncing back into the trough).

I bet money this is the fix.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from Timerider:

I also tried weaking the spring on the trough up-kicker a bit, to no effect.

I have this issue off and on with Black Knight. I think strengthening the spring is what needs to be done. I removed a coil of the spring and it worked for a while, started acting up again so I took one more coil of spring off and is working fine.

#11 9 years ago

Thanks guys! Looks like om off the bending the flap... For the sake of it, here is the video I uploaded:

#12 9 years ago

Aaand the fix:

I tried to bend the "flap" as blackbeard described.. I bent it down so it'd guide the ball downwards... And it worked.

However I didnt like how it hit the metal so hard, so I decided to bend it back and look for a different solution. So I bent it back to the original position, and guess what, when I tried to check if it messed up again, it didnt! So, basically I bent the flap, then bent it back again and the problem was fixed... Odd. I suppose its a little off from the original position, but that's not really visible by eye measure..

Thanks guys.

#13 9 years ago

After looking at your video I see you were having an opposite problem to mine. Mine is a very weak kick that does not get the ball up over the wood. Glad you solved it.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from sixpakmopar:

After looking at your video I see you were having an opposite problem to mine. Mine is a very weak kick that does not get the ball up over the wood. Glad you solved it.

Yeah, it shoots too hard and it bounces back... Anyway it's dealt with!

#15 9 years ago

Glad it worked.

Over so many games, that flap gets hit so many times and eventually bends up a bit.

I've had this issue on a few pins.

Congrats!

4 years later
#16 5 years ago

I know...4 year old thread, but I have the same problem. Looks like I will bend the 'flap'. Angle of PF appears correct.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from steve1515:

I had the same problem with mine in the past. There are two things that go along with this problem that I found.
So, the first thing...
See this picture: http://forum-s3.pinside.com/201311/1282092/160206.jpg

Steve,

This link appears broken. Can you please send an updated link?

Thanks,
Mark

Update - may have fixed it. Took the apron off - not much too bend and used common sense. Will give it a workout Friday and keep an eye on it...

1 year later
#18 4 years ago

Having the same issue on a Fish tales. Anyone have a link or a pic of the actual part to bend?

thx
Peter

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
$ 20.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 49.99
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Electronics
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Trade
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball
Boards
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shooter-lane-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.