Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 67 days ago by cidtrip
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Looking for some advice from some fellow Canadians who have experience shipping pins within Canada. I'm trying to figure out the most affordable way to get a machine from Ottawa to Timmins.

With some of the prices that I've seen thrown around for the cost of shipping pins from one side of the country to the other, I'm starting to think that it might be more affordable to ship the pin rather than go there myself and get it. I know most of the americans recommend NAVL. I don't know if this is the preferred method in Canada as well.

It's about 750km from Ottawa to Timmins. Any advice on companies and cost would be appreciated. After I see who you guys recommend, I'll call for some quotes.

On a side note, if anyone happens to be making a trip from Ottawa to the Toronto area, and has room for a pin please PM me. If I could reposition the machine to a family members house near Toronto, it would be a lot easier for me to get the machine from there back to Timmins.

Thanks,
    Ben

#2 11 years ago

I just recently shipped a pin from Ottawa to Moncton using a company called All Canadian.

Here's their contact info:

All Canadian
    200-380 Terminal Ave
    Ottawa, ON K1G 0Z3
    Phone: (613) 688-3001
    Toll Free: (855) 688-3001

They are a subcontractor with Day & Ross and deal with single shipments so you don't need a commercial account or anything.

Cost from Ottawa to Moncton was about $220. Took a couple days to get out there and arrived without damage. I'd use them again, they have a drive up loading dock and the staff even helped pallet and strap the game down.

#3 11 years ago

I have almost used Sameday before, but the deals didn't happen, so I never got the chance, but I heard they were the best. Can't say for sure though.

#4 11 years ago

Sameday.ca for me. I've shipped out with them and brought pins in. TO to Saskatoon was $230 after tax. Very easy set up.

#5 11 years ago

From Montreal to Halifax, (1200km), with Day and Ross dock to dock it's under $200 for shipping.

#6 11 years ago

I used Day & Ross as well,for my MB from Toronto to Calgary.

#7 11 years ago

Just FYI, sameday.ca is owned and operated by Day and Ross. All goes on the same trucks, and you will pay the same price with either.

#8 11 years ago

Hmm. Not sure Smokedog. I've gotten prices from both. Day and Ross will deal with businesses only. They will direct you to Sameday if its a personal shipment. My experience shows Sameday is slightly more expensive.

#9 11 years ago

Wow, jerks!

Sameday.ca it is, unless someone has an account with them.

Either way, shipping has never bothered me in Canada. Probably close to $250 coast to coast.

#10 11 years ago

Hmm,I used Day & Ross,shipped to my door(house)
    The game was shipped overseas to Toronto first then to me.
    The total was 500.00

#11 11 years ago

Exactly, dock to dock has never been more than $250.

#12 11 years ago

Sameday has had the best prices for me

#13 11 years ago

Thanks for all advice! This is one of the many reasons I LOVE pinside. Such a valuable resource. Although I haven't donated yet, I do plan to. I don't know what I would do without this forum!

#14 11 years ago

I use Day & Ross for all my used pinball machine shipments coast to coast. Cineplex Starburst ships them to dealers (which I am) with them also. I find Sameday the same or $10 more. In Halifax (Dartmouth Terminal same place for both) last year they were using Sameday, for shipping & receiving either. It was a pain in the ass!, & they went back to Day & Ross accounts shipping through themselves. Everyone & his dog was picking up crap at Sameday.

I ship dock to dock (Terminal), home delivery & lift gate service is more expensive. Make sure you always get a spot quote & use that on shipping form. Or you can get a much higher bill! When you receive a new pin it is insured, shipping used pins is at your own risk. I have shipped many pins & have no damage so far. I would definitely give them my business.

I have shipped few empty pinball cabinet full of parts, super cheap on a skid. Compared to using UPS or FedEx for a few boxes.

10 years later
    #15 67 days ago

Hate to revive a 10+ year old thread but I was wondering if all this great advice was still accurate when it comes to shipping pins within Canada in 2024 - Is Day & Ross still the way to go?

Thanks,

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shipping-within-canada and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.