(Topic ID: 226854)

Shipping with Fastenal? anyone done this?

By Whysnow

8 months ago

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by Whysnow
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20181010_064258 (resized).jpg

#1 8 months ago

I have heard rumor that this is a good way to ship but am yet to use it. I understand the risks as they will only insure for $250 regardless of value. Reality is that I have not had good luck with any shipper, even when I pay for full insurance, so I dont think this is a big risk since I would crate the game myself and drop at shipper.

As I understand it, you can drop off at one of their stores and then pick up at another receiving store.

Anyone used this and can share info it is appreciated.

#2 8 months ago

They will only insure crated items. If it's just sitting on a pallet, they won't insure it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/search?s=1&q=Fastenal+ship&include_basement=0#results

#3 8 months ago

I haved several pins and vids shipped to me through Fastenal - no issues so far.

#4 8 months ago
    Quoted from aztarac:

I haved several pins and vids shipped to me through Fastenal - no issues so far.

average price/ distance in your experience?

have you crated or just on pallet?

#5 8 months ago

Had a pin shipped to me from Michigan for about $200. It was just blanket/shrinkwrapped - no pallet or crate.

#6 8 months ago

They will insure for full amount if its fully crated. They also require pictures of item before its crated. I've had two pins shipped through them and have had great service. I wouldn't have a problem shipping with them in the future. Had one shipped 800 miles and the charge was $240. Other was shipped 475 miles and it cost $225. Both were shipped to my location in two weeks or less.

#7 8 months ago

I shipped a GB from Md to Miami for $150, I wrapped the hell out of it with multiple layers of cardboard and shrink wrap and wrapped the legs on top, took it to my local Fastenal and they provided an oversized pallet to which I strapped it down with multiple ratchet clamps, arrived with no issues, I would do it again.

#8 8 months ago

Thx for info yall!

#9 8 months ago
    Quoted from tomtest:

took it to my local Fastenal and they provided an oversized pallet

I've heard that this might vary. Some locations can provide a pallet, but some seem to want you to provide one yourself. I would suggest inquiring ahead of time.

#10 8 months ago

I've heard of zero bad experiences from shipping through Fastenal. Funny that their shipping is pretty awesome, because they really suck at their core MRO business in my area.

#11 8 months ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

I've heard of zero bad experiences from shipping through Fastenal. Funny that their shipping is pretty awesome, because they really suck at their core MRO business in my area.

The one fastenal store that was nearby to me closed a couple months back.

It was handy for oddball hardware that the usual big box hardware stores didn't have.

#12 8 months ago

I used them a few months ago to ship one from Iowa to Pennsylvania. I just used a bit of cardboard, stretch wrap and 4 ratchet straps and eye bolts with a small pallet. I can’t remember what their pallet size requirements were, but the price was going to jump up if we went any bigger. And no, they would not supply a pallet. I ended up cutting and rebuilding a larger pallet that I got elsewhere.

Anyway, it got there a heck of a lot faster than the typical NAVL timeframe, and I think it was about half price. It arrived with no damage at all. I’d definitely use them for an incoming pin now if the opportunity arises.

#13 8 months ago

As someone who works in logistics the vendors that use Fastenal's products are pretty much great. You really have to have a braindead operator doing something incredibly stupid to damage it along the line.

#14 8 months ago

Can I just show up at any Fastenal with the game ready to go?

I have filled out their online form and no reply after 2 days.

#15 8 months ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Can I just show up at any Fastenal with the game ready to go?
    I have filled out their online form and no reply after 2 days.

No, you have to wait for their confirmation and price. You should have received an email saying they received your request and will get back to you. If not, resubmit.

#16 8 months ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

No, you have to wait for their confirmation and price. You should have received an email saying they received your request and will get back to you. If not, resubmit.

I got the auto reply from them, just no follow up yet.

#17 8 months ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I got the auto reply from them, just no follow up yet.

Normally i had same day replies, once it took a couple days.

Maybe try calling a 3pl conatact at fastenal?

20181010_064258 (resized).jpg
    #18 8 months ago

They have 48 hours to send you a reply. When you receive your quote you have to fill a form out that is attached to the email and send to them with verification. You will then receive a ok to drop package off in the email. You can also set up to pay before item shipped or after item shipped. Usually takes 3 to 4 day to get everything worked out.

#19 8 months ago
    Quoted from codered9394:

They have 48 hours to send you a reply. When you receive your quote you have to fill a form out that is attached to the email and send to them with verification. You will then receive a ok to drop package off in the email. You can also set up to pay before item shipped or after item shipped. Usually takes 3 to 4 day to get everything worked out.

thanks, I called and they are having email issues where stuff is going to spam folder. All figured out.

Looking like under $200 to ship which is a great deal!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 26.95
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7,399.00
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 6.00
    $ 26.95
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Bright Lights Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 114.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 9,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 46.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Lighting - Backbox
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 38.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside