Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by MikeO
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider barakandl.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 8 years ago

I have had some USPS delays in 2015 with first class and priority mail. It is better for me now in columbus ohio than it was 6 months back or so. For a while all first class mail was taking 5+ business days, some even 7 days to go 100 miles. Priority mail 2 day label was taking 4 business days etc... The way they update tracking numbers now it can make it look like you didnt drop the package off on time. The first few scans on USPS tracking information is labeled in a confusing way. Probably purposely done to make it look like USPS isnt sitting on a package in the origin city's distribution center for days before it goes out.

Has anyone else noticed eBay has changed there estimated delivery dates with first class? Probably so many people complaining about delays...

#25 8 years ago

Best i can tell what is happening is USPS is waiting for trucks to get full. Even if that means your package sits at the original sorting center for days. They fluff the tracking info to make it confusing enough that maybe the shipper made a label but didnt drop it off. Sometimes stuff going out west will leave my sorting center the same day. Some times they sit for days. Same with stuff going 100 miles.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider barakandl.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shipping-usps-challenges?tu=barakandl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.