(Topic ID: 47858)

Shipping unboxed pins, recommended ties to use?

By rlslick

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by rlslick
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN3079.JPG
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

Need to ship some unboxed pins and trying to figure out what is the best option for straps. Would you recommend ratcheting nylon tie downs or polyester plastic tie downs using a poly tool to tighten the straps? Freight harbor carries the ratcheting nylon tie downs but not the poly tie downs. Any recommended source(s) as to where I can buy these? The poly tool can be quite expensive. Hoping the ratchet tool is a good option to go with. Thanks in advance.

#2 11 years ago

I use actual ratchet straps. Like $8 a piece on sale, so I grab a bunch. Two of those to strap a pin to a pallet and it's not going anywhere.

#3 11 years ago

Thank you Smokedog! So ratchet straps along with plenty of blankets and plastic shipping wrap on a pallet I should be good to go...?

#4 11 years ago

Yup, wrap it like the baby it is!

Plus, the person who gets it, can use them to ship a pin.

#5 11 years ago

Here's how it should look:

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#6 11 years ago

That pallet is way too small...

Quoted from Nilroc:

Here's how it should look:

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

That pallet is way too small...

Maybe but you can't say the packaging isn't done right.

#9 11 years ago

Agreed, I used (my older) ratcheting straps. Here's how I shipped my MM. I even zip tied the legs to the pallet as well.

DSCN3079.JPGDSCN3079.JPG

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Agreed, I used (my older) ratcheting straps. Here's how I shipped my MM. I even zip tied the legs to the pallot as well.

Hey Kerry,
    Whats a pallot?

Great packing job!
    No damage can be done with packing job!

#11 11 years ago

Fixed (edited)... I need one of those IPad spell checkers

#12 11 years ago

Thank you guys! Just caught up with this post again. Pictures are super helpful and I think the second larger pallet is the way I will go. This has been very helpful. Thank you again!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shipping-unboxed-pins-recommended-ties-to-use and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.