Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by ballbaron
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jpolfer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 10 years ago

I don't know if this is helpful at all, but I packed a pin bound for NZ this year. The buyer made arrangements for it. Most of my USA pinball peers thought I was nuts for doing it, but the buyer really wanted the pin for its theme (CE3K). Now that I've done it, its not too bad and I'd be okay with doing it again, but unfortunately I don't have a FG.

The way the buyer arranged shipping was similar to the way you describe: put the game on a truck to deliver to a port, put the game in a container, have container make trip to Christchurch, NZ, and then pick up at dock or have delivered to residence/business. The buyer also paid for crating. The process was very long - nearly a month until the buyer received the game after it left my residence. Not sure how expensive it was for him, but I imagine it was probably 700USD or more. For a Family Guy, it makes sense.

Aside: If your'e ever in Oamaru, the buyer runs a pop-culture museum there (The Time Travelers Experience) with a large collection of items from American and British sci-fi: Star Trek, Dr. Who, and more. He built his own TARDIS, daleks, a time machine ala H.G. Wells, and more. TBH, that was part of the reason I considered working with him - he had a crazy vision for his museum that I just couldn't ignore, and everything else fell into place to get it shipped there. The CE3K is part of the collection, was converted to run on NZ currency, and is playable by patrons.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saugerties, NY
Machine - For Sale
Commack, NY
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jpolfer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shipping-to-australia?tu=jpolfer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.