(Topic ID: 49633)

Shipping To Australia. Any Advise?

By johnnypinball

10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Hello all,
    I have a gentleman in Australia who wants to purchase one of my pinball machines located here in Nebraska and neither one of us has any experience in this type of transaction. Has anyone here shipped to Australia and if so, what company would you recommend? Also, is PayPal the best way to do the transfer of money?

Thanks in advance,
    John

#2 10 years ago

Paypal is a great way to move money between currencies these days, especially from this end: the Australian exchange rates from a bank are much worse than Paypal's.

As far as shipping I have no idea. Sorry

#3 10 years ago
    Quoted from johnnypinball:

Hello all,
    I have a gentleman in Australia who wants to purchase one of my pinball machines located here in Nebraska and neither one of us has any experience in this type of transaction. Has anyone here shipped to Australia and if so, what company would you recommend? Also, is PayPal the best way to do the transfer of money?
    Thanks in advance,
    John

I have shipped a couple of pins to Australia. #1, have the buyer make ALL the shipping arrangements, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. #2, the pinball has to be crated and strapped/bolted to a pallet. #3 must use plywood that acceptable in foreign countries or it gets rejected and sits in some warehouse. #4 Both used UPS overseas cargo shipping, it was about $800, and both went smooth as a cleared playfield!#5, Take pictures of the whole process to cover your ass.

Paypal is fine if you are ready to absorb the fees. If the buyer is willing to send the paypal as a gift, you are much better off

#4 10 years ago

What percent does it cost me if I get paid through PayPal?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shipping-to-australia-any-advise and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.