Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by ballbaron
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Just wanted to ask a question of my fellow American pin heads.

Currently I'm on a quest to find a nice Family Guy. As there were not many brought into the land of Oz would anyone be willing to help me ship one from America to Australia if the need arose.

At this stage it is just a question as I have a few leads on a couple before I need to look OS. So at this stage it is more to see if some of you guys are willing to ship at all?

I have a connection in Wilmington, Los Angeles, CA that can bring them in for me. All I would need is for someone to pack and ship there for me. Providing the seller can or would?

If you had a FGuy for sale would you do this?

Is it a possibility or the too hard basket? Just wondering.

#2 10 years ago

good luck champ, sounds like a costly exercise considering where our dollar is at now

#3 10 years ago

A significant ask Jardine. If help is available internal costs of shipping to port I imagine would be considerable. What are you banking on for shipping cost LA to Aus? I am interested in shipping EM to Aust but I have pretty well ruled out based on cost. But it is frustrating seeing so many wonderful machines being sold in US which are not available here at home.

#4 10 years ago

Lol at both replies from Aussie's.

Cost on shipping is only around $500 for me as I will just be piggybacking a container. So not worried to much there. Hence the question.

I saw a nice one go for $4800 on here not long ago. Take into account shipping in the US, plus to me, I'm ok with that.

#5 10 years ago

I have shipped ex USA. Main issue is people don't want to ship them.

They have plenty of local buyers, so why bother wrapping it all up and dealing with shipping etc? Pain in the ass.

Also, the USA is a huge country and inland truck freight is expensive.

If you can find one close to a port, freight isn't so bad.

But if the pin is in the middle of the country ... Faaaaagedddaboutit.

rd

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

Lol at both replies from Aussie's.
Cost on shipping is only around $500 for me as I will just be piggybacking a container. So not worried to much there. Hence the question.
I saw a nice one go for $4800 on here not long ago. Take into account shipping in the US, plus to me, I'm ok with that.

4800 usd equals 5400 Aussie.

Plus 500 for container. Plus port charges etc. Say $600 absolute minimum.

Plus customs duty. Not sure if you guys pay import duty on used machines (kiwis don't) but you will have gst at the minimum. What's your gst these days, 10%?

So 5400 plus 600 is 6000 plus 10% gst is 6600 plus other taxes if applicable.

Is a Family Guy worth $7000 Australian Dollars?

I don't know? I paid $4500 nzd for mine when it was 2 years old.

rd

#7 10 years ago

Wanna sell yours Dave!!

#8 10 years ago

Faaaaagedddaboutit

#9 10 years ago

You got mail. I got one and can ship (I'm in Europe so its 220V and i think you should have the same system in Melbourne?)

#10 10 years ago

close but not same.. easy fix though - you just have to change one wire on the transformer to go from 220->240

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit:

You got mail. I got one and can ship (I'm in Europe so its 220V and i think you should have the same system in Melbourne?)

Thanks for the offer. At this stage I'm just sort of testing the waters as I've really only been looking for a short time and I'm an impatient man

That and I'm not sure I could ship from Sweden, cheers though.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

In general, once you get things on a boat it doesn't really matter how far it's going in $ terms, so sweden and west coat of the US are not as different as it might seem. This might be worth following up.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

Thanks for the offer. At this stage I'm just sort of testing the waters as I've really only been looking for a short time and I'm an impatient man

Why ask about shipping if you aren't going to buy one?

The guy has kindly offered you one, make it happen.

As has been said above, shipping from Sweden shouldn't be too much more than USA.

It cost me the same to get a machine from London as it did from Los Angeles.

Any freight company can quote you an LCL container price.

Some kiwis use DHL and surprisingly their air freight wasn't much more $$ than sea freight. $700 NZ ex london vs $500 NZ for sea freight. And here in 2-3 days instead of 4 weeks.

rd

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Why ask about shipping if you aren't going to buy one?
The guy has kindly offered you one, make it happen.
As has been said above, shipping from Sweden shouldn't be too much more than USA.
It cost me the same to get a machine from London as it did from Los Angeles.
Any freight company can quote you an LCL container price.
Some kiwis use DHL and surprisingly their air freight wasn't much more $$ than sea freight. $700 NZ ex london vs $500 NZ for sea freight. And here in 2-3 days instead of 4 weeks.
rd

As stated my connection is in Wilmington. I piggy back a container and they do everything. I don't have to worry about costs in anything else, no paper work, no customs etc etc.

I guess if he can get it to LA it might be doable. Ill amend my first post to show that I'm not yet in the market for an OS pin until all my options here in Oz are exhausted.

#15 10 years ago

Have you tried getting in contact with Luke ( LA games ) . I thought he had one for sale ? Maybe it sold already ?

#16 10 years ago

I don't know if this is helpful at all, but I packed a pin bound for NZ this year. The buyer made arrangements for it. Most of my USA pinball peers thought I was nuts for doing it, but the buyer really wanted the pin for its theme (CE3K). Now that I've done it, its not too bad and I'd be okay with doing it again, but unfortunately I don't have a FG.

The way the buyer arranged shipping was similar to the way you describe: put the game on a truck to deliver to a port, put the game in a container, have container make trip to Christchurch, NZ, and then pick up at dock or have delivered to residence/business. The buyer also paid for crating. The process was very long - nearly a month until the buyer received the game after it left my residence. Not sure how expensive it was for him, but I imagine it was probably 700USD or more. For a Family Guy, it makes sense.

Aside: If your'e ever in Oamaru, the buyer runs a pop-culture museum there (The Time Travelers Experience) with a large collection of items from American and British sci-fi: Star Trek, Dr. Who, and more. He built his own TARDIS, daleks, a time machine ala H.G. Wells, and more. TBH, that was part of the reason I considered working with him - he had a crazy vision for his museum that I just couldn't ignore, and everything else fell into place to get it shipped there. The CE3K is part of the collection, was converted to run on NZ currency, and is playable by patrons.

#17 10 years ago

Iv shipped recently from both the uk and USA. I prefer the uk even though it's slightly more in cost there's no trouble changeling over the voltages. It's only a new plug from bunnings which is around $3 and good to go. I'll send you a pm

#18 10 years ago

Also keep in mind if you get a Family Guy from the US, you will need a Hz conversion board as well to bypass Stern's region restrictions. Not required if you bring in a machine from Europe.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

Also keep in mind if you get a Family Guy from the US, you will need a Hz conversion board as well to bypass Stern's region restrictions. Not required if you bring in a machine from Europe.

This is correct. A euro machine will plug right in and away it goes.

Otherwise, on a US you need a $250 converter board from RTBB.

This applies to the SAM games from 2006 onwards.

rd.

3 years later
#20 6 years ago

As an importer in the States, I think the best way to go is to ask an Import/Export Broker. They can lead you through the labyrinth of process and paperwork and tally the cost for you. In the meantime, if you're ready for replacement pinballs, I hope you'll come see me. I'm already set up to ship 50 pounds at a time for Carbon (non Magnetic), Standard Chrome or Ninja, ultra shiney balls. Domestic sales run through my website, www.ballbaron.com and international sales go through my eBay Global Shipping Program. Fair dinkum prices.

4 months later
#21 6 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

Just wanted to ask a question of my fellow American pin heads.
Currently I'm on a quest to find a nice Family Guy. As there were not many brought into the land of Oz would anyone be willing to help me ship one from America to Australia if the need arose.
At this stage it is just a question as I have a few leads on a couple before I need to look OS. So at this stage it is more to see if some of you guys are willing to ship at all?
I have a connection in Wilmington, Los Angeles, CA that can bring them in for me. All I would need is for someone to pack and ship there for me. Providing the seller can or would?
If you had a FGuy for sale would you do this?
Is it a possibility or the too hard basket? Just wondering.

Although this is far past the "use by" date, I just thought I'd throw this out there for Aussie consumption. The Ballbaron pinballs have started arriving in Australia and I'm happy to ship more. Shipping Ninja and Regular chrome now and Carbon balls will be available again by July 4th. Lowest shipping and 'fair dinkum' prices.

2 months later
#22 5 years ago

Ballbaron.com is now well stocked in Ninja, Standard Pinball and Carbon Pinballs. I'm ready to ship to all corners of the world through my eBay site, so contact me directly through the website and I'll custom make a listing on ebay that answers your needs. This way you are availed the Global Shipping Program which has proven to be the cheapest and easiest way to get them 'Down Under'
Cheers!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saugerties, NY
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Commack, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shipping-to-australia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.