(Topic ID: 307261)

Shipping prices are getting insane!

By tomdrum

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

I rarely ship a game. Last one was less than 2 years ago thru NAVL thru Michelle. $540 from Central PA to Washington state. Have a buyer for a Gottlieb EM "Gridiron" located in IL, I'm in PA. 507 miles. Quote thru them now is $520 plus an additional $236 to move into a basement. I'm not paying that, my buyer is but DAMN.

I'll instruct the 1st time pin owner how easy it is to break an EM down to smaller pieces to avoid the basement charge.

#2 2 years ago

Fastenal still charges me less than $300 to ship games across the country. NAVL/STI pricing is dumb

#3 2 years ago

I do not want to pallet, wrap or do anything except hold the door open. My last 30 game sales were local pickup. This is a sentimental buyer gifting his Dad.

I'm just amazed the price increase.

#4 2 years ago

NAVL always adds an upcharge for going up/down steps. It's possible that when you shipped the last pin it was picked up and delivered on the first floor.

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

I rarely ship a game. Last one was less than 2 years ago thru NAVL thru Michelle. $540 from Central PA to Washington state. Have a buyer for a Gottlieb EM "Gridiron" located in IL, I'm in PA. 507 miles. Quote thru them now is $520 plus an additional $236 to move into a basement. I'm not paying that, my buyer is but DAMN.
    I'll instruct the 1st time pin owner how easy it is to break an EM down to smaller pieces to avoid the basement charge.

$540 to ship a game across the country isn’t much higher than it has been for many years.

Let’s hold off on shipping bubble threads for now!

#6 2 years ago

Seems like a typical fee to me.

For someone who wouldn't have the tools or manpower to do stairs, $236 sounds like a bargain.

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

More
    $540 to ship a game across the country isn’t much higher than it has been for many years.

This is going 4 states away. 500 miles, walk out basement to the truck. Not my dime on shipping cost but it makes me realize shipping lower cost games will now will be cost prohibitable. Last game traveled over 2K more miles for the same cost.

#8 2 years ago

Try international (container) shipping price rises.

Two years ago a 20' to most destinations was around $3K - I was quoted last week $12K for the exact same route.

Madness!

#9 2 years ago

I paid $350 to move a non-running full size pick up last year.. moving a pin for $550 sounds a little ridiculous. But.. whatever, everything seems a bit ridiculous recently.

#10 2 years ago

But really now, did shipping prices just throw spaghetti at a cow while dancing naked in the street? Not insane... yet.

#11 2 years ago

I was charged $540 shipping for a Gnr LE last month from a distributor.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shipping-prices-are-getting-insane?hl=pins4u and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.