Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by rotordave
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dawson.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Its been a long time being on Pinside or even playing pinball for that matter. I have moved to New Zealand to be with my lovely wife, in a fantastic surf rich county .. I do miss Alaska and I really miss pinball .. I have 5 machines in AK, MB,AP,Xenon,FT and JP .. would you pinners sell or ship ? Will they even work in NZ with a different cycle and voltage? I was under the assumption it was just a matter of switching a voltage regulator plug .. not sure though

There is only one pin in New Plymouth , and Indy 500 at the hells pizza @2bucks a play ! fun game but pretty shit for the price ..

anyway there may be some games for sale in AK if its just not worth it . Missing machines daily

TJ

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from FuryosJustin:

NZ pinball & arcade buy, sell & exchange page on f.b. is a good place to start.
    rotordave is the man round nz to ask

ahh FB. my wife has that

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Hope they’re at a friends house and not in some brutal storage facility!!!
    Couldn’t you pick somewhere just a little further? I mean PLEASE, only from Alaska to New Zealand??

luckily they are in a fairly safe storage area, getting packed into a container is another issue.. I always seem to do stuff the hard way , my motif Ive heard sloth of mixed results on the voltage step down, units being shite.. so stoked my machines can be relocated ..

I should mention the MB is the new version ..
    I also really like that JP on trade me. if anyone knows the owner . the BK2000 seems fair , prices in America are insane! if you can find them

I will mention the people in NZ are the most helpful, kind, sharing bunch I've ever been around. I feel grateful and privileged to be part of this beautiful continent

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tomass:

Do you have any help here in AK?

Yeah, Not sure if the reliability though. I own Lakeview Outfitters in Cooper Landing if you like Flyfishing the Kenai River . This thread has been a bit of a relief .

Quoted from 7oxford:

Hi, Welcome to NZ.
    You will need someone to wrap the pins on a pallet. You can get 2 pins on a pallet sitting on their backs if wrapped correctly. Otherwise a single pin on its bottom. You are charged by volume. 2 pins on a pallet is 1.6 cubic meters. PM me for some packing instructions.
    DoortoDoor and Sneddens are a couple of local freight forwarders you can get quotes from.
    You need to ask if you can import tax free. You usually can if you ship within a certain time of moving here, otherwise you may get hit with 15% GST.
    If you are only here short term you would need to weigh in the price of potentially shipping them back to the US too.
    The local JP is priced a little over the odds, but it will be mint having been restored by Tilt.
    There are pins on location in Wellington. A fair drive but not unusual for those in the naki to travel to the big smoke for the weekend.

@ thanks heaps for your willingness to help and information. packing pinball machines in containers for a salty ocean ride freaks me out . Hopefully soon we can play pinball in the Naki ,

1 month later
    #16 3 years ago

Well it seems shipping for Alaska is nearly impossible at this point . If I had more machines up there the 15000 dollar price tag might be feasible .. pretty bummmer for sure .

Always looking here for machines, pretty hard case though .

what pub has the best machines in Auckland .. I’m up here for a few days to pick up my pup .. and the wife is teaching.. I’ve got pinball on my mind .

Thanks

#18 3 years ago

thanks for the response 15k was for a 20 footer The shipper could not get a shared container due to the CVID. pack and send guys said it was nearly impossibe to get a quote or get ahold of anyone in Alaska in the shipping industry .. hmmmm

ill spend some time tomorrow trying again with AK and Aukland shippers ..

yep would like to put a few more machines if I do ship a 20 footer ..

if I can get a container full , we will have plenty of well cared for machines in New Plymouth !!

9 months later
    #22 2 years ago

Well my machines are finally getting shipped , and I’ve just been told 7 machines will fill a 20 foot container? That can’t be right ?

I do have a few other bits but not much .

Is this possible ?

Worried because the shipping went from 7 ships to 2 ships ..

Now the shipping company says the charge is going to be much higher .. eeeek.

7 months later
    #25 1 year ago

Update : my machines are on there way maybe in the next week, went for Alaska to Tacoma to LA to Singapore then to Auckland, hoping the shipper packed things up right . First thing in order is to switch the transformer wires over and the plug to NZ power . Still unsure how to change the voltage on these machines. Super excited to get to play some pinball again as New Zealand has very few game around .

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dawson.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shipping-pins-to-new-zealand-from-alaska-?tu=Dawson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.