Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by PW79
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How was your pin shipping experience?”

• No issues. As expected results or better. 25 votes
      71%
    • Pin damage. Shipping company/vendor reimbursed. 6 votes
      17%
    • Pin damage. Got shafted. 4 votes
      11%

(35 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

crating3.jpg
    crating2.jpg
    crating1.jpg
    2012-07-04_14-27-32_25.jpg
    2012-06-08_13-18-20_830.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

I'm thinking about having a clean A-list pin shipped from Ohio to Wyoming. The thought of having a pin strapped into a truck and being transferred around doesn't inspire confidence. I've also seen a couple horror stories around here. I'd prefer to drive, but I'm kind of in the land of the pin-less up here in northern Wyoming.

How was your pin-shipping experience? Any suggestions?

#2 11 years ago

been shipping for 6 years or so. never had a problem. usually use pilot air, terminal to terminal. runs about 200-250 tops no matter where in the us.

#3 11 years ago

Tommie will they disassemble etc... ? I have two to ship and the seller basically just. Wants them picked up and cannot help with anything.

#4 11 years ago

Use Michelle Bianchi (630) 352-3312. Never had a problem.

#5 11 years ago

I've shipped two pins, and had one shipped to me, never had a problem.

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from Travismc:

Tommie will they disassemble etc... ? I have two to ship and the seller basically just. Wants them picked up and cannot help with anything.

i pallet it and they pick it up

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

been shipping for 6 years or so. never had a problem. usually use pilot air, terminal to terminal. runs about 200-250 tops no matter where in the us.

Pilot air is a great shipper. I have been using a company called CEVA for the last few years. You box and bring to the terminal (they may pick up for an extra fee, I live so close I just drop off), they will skid, band and shrink wrap it and deliver to the door of the recipient. Usally around $175-250, they handle the machines well, always with care and are just great to deal with, friendly and professional.

If you are willing to box and bring to a terminal, I highly recommend them.

#8 11 years ago

Shipped one out was fine. Had one shipped in and got a fork truck gouge on a HUO pin. It was 'hidden damage' but made it through cardboard...2 heavy duty moving blankets..and shrink wrap. even though I reported it 15 minutes after it arrived the claim was denied cuz I 'signed' for it

The only time I used NAVL (arcade game) the game arrived with a dead monitor even thought it was completely rebuilt 2 month before it was shipped. The neck was snapped off the tube and the bracket was busted. Not sure how hard you gotta drop the game to snap the neck..but it probably isn't easy to do. Again..the claim was denied cuz it was signed for

I'd have a hard time shipping a high $ game without building a wooden 'crate' around game. I did that for a pin shipped to Australia...it cost less than $100 bucks for 3 4x8 sheets of partial board and a half dozen 1x3s...and a box of screws. Think it took me 2-3 hours

2012-06-08_13-18-20_830.jpg2012-06-08_13-18-20_830.jpg 2012-07-04_14-27-32_25.jpg2012-07-04_14-27-32_25.jpg

#9 11 years ago

I ship out about 40 pins a year. Packaging the pin correctly is key. If the seller won't prep it correctly NAVL is your next best bet. I don't necessary think crating is always needed but I've done that for customers as well. In the end your shipment is only as safe as the guy on the forklift, if he's having a bad day your pin will too.

crating1.jpgcrating1.jpg crating2.jpgcrating2.jpg crating3.jpgcrating3.jpg

#10 11 years ago

I've had 15 games shipped--mainly by NAVL, but used a few other carriers too; only one game was damaged (by NAVL--I was reimbursed to my complete satisfaction; recommend calling Michelle for all your shipping needs).

#11 11 years ago

NAVL has been fantastic - have shipped ~7 games with them with no issues. I shipped 2 games with forward air - one was fine, the other resulted in a forklift tine being smashed through the front end of a medieval madness... Not good.

#12 11 years ago

Shipped a project NAVL w/legs on no problemo. I dunno about shipping a top dollar game.. everyone has their own opinion of what 'perfect' is and pictures do lie.

#13 11 years ago

I got news for you guys. Once NAVL picks your game up and it goes to the hub it is moved by a forklift, even if it is on the legs. NAVL is a small notch above LTL (less than a truck load) and cost twice as much. I shipped a pin from TX to GA earlier this year via Southeastern Freight for $98, NAVL would have been pushing $400. Prep is the key when shipping LTL.

#14 11 years ago

Shipped many expensive and HUO machines with NAVL and never had any issues. I know some people have had issues and things happen, but think you hear more about the negative experiences since nobody really posts when they have a positive experience.

#15 11 years ago

I had games shipped via STI.

I wont do that again.

#16 11 years ago

So far, no problems. I have had two pins I sold shipped, both high end machines, and with no issues. I had the sellers tell me what they wanted, both wanted them shipped with the legs attached and standing. Their thought was when you can see it, it's harder for the movers to screw something up, and it's harder to cover it up when it arrives.

I had my Tommy shipped to me. Arrived just fine at a terminal strapped to a pallet, but not in a crate.

Ultimately, you're trusting it to the people with the forklift more than anything else... and it's going to bounce around a lot - you cannot realistically expect it to arrive with no issues from the trip. Expect to adjust a switch or two here and stuff like that, which you should expect anyway from any pin trip... it's just more likely this one will cause a few things to really go bad.

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

I had games shipped via STI.
    I wont do that again.

STI = NAVL

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from Marc:

I shipped a pin from TX to GA earlier this year via Southeastern Freight for $98, NAVL would have been pushing $400.

Are they terminal to terminal only (no residential liftgates)?

TIA.

#19 11 years ago

Indeed

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shipping-pin-results and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.