Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by cgdexpx
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5a457b40224be09637f6ecca7635fea803f9a906 (resized).jpg
    9d64414c1e5258e054963931def9bef25a599cf8 (resized).jpg
    821E2E94-97A1-4F61-B264-9115A71CF5A7 (resized).jpeg
    #1 4 years ago

What are folks using for freight companies?

Thank You In Advance,
    Pete

#2 4 years ago

I used to use STI until they dropped the ball on the last two games.

Pilot has always been good.

#3 4 years ago

I’ve heard guys using Fast Eddie and Bob Cunningham on the east coast. Not sure of fast eddies number

Here’s the number for Bob-

821E2E94-97A1-4F61-B264-9115A71CF5A7 (resized).jpeg821E2E94-97A1-4F61-B264-9115A71CF5A7 (resized).jpeg
    #4 4 years ago

Yup if your going to stick with someone that's personable in the pinball world. Never ship a game through the big shipping company's. You've been warned!!

John

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from peteyhugs:

What are folks using for freight companies?
    Thank You In Advance,
    Pete

Where is yours coming from? I'm about to do CA to NJ.

Quoted from o-din:

I used to use STI until they dropped the ball on the last two games.
    Pilot has always been good.

How did they drop the ball? Thanks.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from jaytrem:

How did they drop the ball? Thanks.

They call this "white glove" service.

9d64414c1e5258e054963931def9bef25a599cf8 (resized).jpg9d64414c1e5258e054963931def9bef25a599cf8 (resized).jpg5a457b40224be09637f6ecca7635fea803f9a906 (resized).jpg5a457b40224be09637f6ecca7635fea803f9a906 (resized).jpg
    #8 4 years ago

The last two I had shipped through STI, one was busted up and the other one they lost and I had to go get it myself. Never again will I ship another game.

John

#9 4 years ago

Thank You All, I have reached out to Bob via Facebook Messenger.

#10 4 years ago

STI is the worst. I shipped a game to my father for his birthday and it was all paid and done and they tried to charge him $500 to bring it to him. It was complete BS. It was already set up and paid and they tried to scam him. Luckily he didnt' pay and they brought it to him.

#11 4 years ago

Apparently too late now, but in defense of STI, I've used them to ship around 60 games both coming or going and I've only had to file a damage claim once. And that was more the fault of the seller who wrapped it for shipping.

Some of the local shipping outfits that STI uses are definitely better than others. I'm fortunate in that the STI contracted firm that's local for me is really good at what they do.

Unfortunately, ALL shipping companies are ultimately dependent upon humans and are therefore prone to fuckups accordingly.

#12 4 years ago

I shipped one out a couple of weeks ago STI. They came and said they would not blanket wrap it as they had to get it back to the shop and go over it...I called bullshit. I told them it wasn't leaving until they blanket wrapped it. I was also told that at every stop they now unwrap to make sure there was no damage (new policy). Needless to say it was delivered and the perfect cabinet now had scratches in it.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tyamry:

I shipped one out a couple of weeks ago STI. They came and said they would not blanket wrap it as they had to get it back to the shop and go over it...I called bullshit. I told them it wasn't leaving until they blanket wrapped it. I was also told that at every stop they now unwrap to make sure there was no damage (new policy). Needless to say it was delivered and the perfect cabinet now had scratches in it.

That sounds like a joke. Were they held liable?

#14 4 years ago

If you have a Fastenal near you, you can pallete it yourself and drop it off. Same with forward freight. Only catch is there has to be another store near the buyer. Much cheaper than all the regular services (STI and such).

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from callaway15:

That sounds like a joke. Were they held liable?

I left that up to the buyer. All he asked me was for the paint colors. I have plenty of pictures.

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tyamry:

I left that up to the buyer. All he asked me for was the paint colors. I have plenty of pictures.

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from CLEllison:

If you have a Fastenal near you, you can pallete it yourself and drop it off. Same with forward freight. Only catch is there has to be another store near the buyer. Much cheaper than all the regular services (STI and such).

and it HAS to be inside a full enclosed wood crate to be insured. Not many people can take the time to make a full wood crate.

#18 4 years ago

use an actual freight company who ships properly. break down the game, pack ultra properly and ratchet strap to a pallet.
    you have to have an account to get a decent rate though.
    fed ex freight, yrc, R&L, USF holland.
    ive used the above many many times.

#19 4 years ago

I see that a lot of people are using Fastenal, but they are mostly strapped to pallet with blankets, cardboard and with no insurance.

I need to ship a pin real soon and all the horror stories have me worried shitless. Are people really shipping high end pinball machines around with no insurance?

What if the thing just disappears in transit? SOL?

Does anybody know of an easy way to buy a pinball-ready crate for reasonable price? I'd just ship the crate to the seller and then have him ship me the pin in the crate and I get insurance and some peace of mind. I don't want to have to build a crate though, rather just buy one.

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

They call this "white glove" service.[quoted image][quoted image]

Sorry to see that. This is why I am going local pickup only on my current listing. I simply don't want to deal with any of this.

Regarding the "White Glove" services: Clowns typically wear white gloves, right?

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from mamawaldee:

I see that a lot of people are using Fastenal, but they are mostly strapped to pallet with blankets, cardboard and with no insurance.
    I need to ship a pin real soon and all the horror stories have me worried shitless. Are people really shipping high end pinball machines around with no insurance?
    What if the thing just disappears in transit? SOL?
    Does anybody know of an easy way to buy a pinball-ready crate for reasonable price? I'd just ship the crate to the seller and then have him ship me the pin in the crate and I get insurance and some peace of mind. I don't want to have to build a crate though, rather just buy one.

Is the game so rare that you can't find one locally?

John

#22 4 years ago

The problem is STI is just the contact . You never get the same Company delivering. The last delivery was terrible. Something went wrong on the prior delivery stop. And the delivery was refused. Instead of calling and rescheduling they show up at my place.

Then tell me they would have to move a lot of stuff to get to my machine. And they cannot do it and they will have to recharge me for delivery . I tell them that is going to be and issue . Thankful for the day of the cell phone. Start snapping photos . Tell them this will be an issue.

I agree to help move stuff , after all I am concerned about the machine. The machine was in truck with head on. Every other time the STI Carrier had removed the head and wrapped it nice

I told them no way is it going upstairs with head on. AND I HAD TOLD THE COMPANY I have an upstairs flat. I gave them a hundred bucks. Which the driver kept himself.

After I took head off they claim machine cannot go upstairs won`t make turn. I take them up and show them 3 machines and asked if they thought I teleported them ?

Anyway it is a gamble. My first delivery was awesome.

I would rather drive out to get the machines. But have no help getting them inside.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shipping-pin-ball-machines and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.