Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 97 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by cottonm4
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#86 4 years ago

Everyone keeps pushing for higher minimum wage yet keeps complaining about prices of goods & services going up. What do people think is going to happen when you jump the minimum wage by 30%? Anyone been in a fast food place lately? I remember a few years ago I could grab a burger, fries & drink most places for $3 to $3.50 now you are lucky to get that same meal for $7 or $7.50.

Good economy, low unemployment, higher wages & cost of just about everything and pin shipping is suppose to stay the same as it was 4 or 5 years ago?

I am an old fart collecting Social Security and selling a few pinball parts for a little extra cash and I hate higher prices as much (or more) than the next guy but times have changed. 10 years ago I was paying about 35 cents a roll for my packing tape and now it is costing me $1.50 for a smaller roll. USPS rates go up every year, peanuts are costing me almost double what they cost 10 years ago, etc. Such is life!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shipping-outta-hand?tu=too-many-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.