Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Spinape
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

I was wondering if anyone has used any of the ship to border options for getting stuff into Canada and from that point had another company take it the rest of the way. Shipping from Marco to Alberta is $120usd and i think its ridiculous. My $450usd order quickly turns into a almost $800cad order. They claim they have a blanket shipping price policy to non US destinations that protects them and thats why its so high. I order truck parts all the time from the US that are large and heavy and not like a small box from Marco and I could pay around $35-55$ for the truck part shipping.

Getting the parts form other supplier cant work as they don't have the parts.

#2 5 years ago

I’ve had a couple options man.

I had a $119us (shipping bill) order shipped to another pinsider in Minot for $9.99 and was very lucky I had in-laws during down from sask to fly out of Minot and picked it up from him.

I have a HUGE order currently from Pinball Life (which is cheaper than Marco for parts BTW) being shipped to Arizona to the house next week as I’m heading there for 9 days of relaxation. I will bring it home with me.

There is some forwarding options. You can have it shipped to a border town south of Alberta and grab it from there or have some grab it if they are passing through. There is a bar 10 miles south of Sask that will hold packages for Canadians for like $5 or $10 for pickup.

PM me, maybe we can figure something out when I’m in AZ

#3 5 years ago

Yeah, this is a really annoying situation that I've gone through a handful of times. In fact, I'm currently waiting on an order which I tried to make cheaper by buying for a few people and splitting the shipping cost. Unfortunately, it turned out to be barely any cheaper in the end. I try and order parts from Pinball Life whenever I can, but sometimes Marcos is the only place I can find all the things I need.

They should really fix this shipping issue and I know I and many others would spend WAY more money.

#4 5 years ago

If you go to the us postal service and punch in a box with even the size of 8"x8"x36" and 10 lbs its only $50 to Edmonton Alberta. And they charge $120 for a 8"x8"x6" box and has to weight about 2.5 lbs max.

#5 5 years ago

Sorry correction........ not $120 but $85ish. The $120 is for my pending order and the $85ish was for a past order i received with that box size.

#6 5 years ago

You guys should share a border account and then 1 guy goes to pick it up once a month. Not sure about your border crossing but we use https://www.cbiusa.com/

Works great for any hobby!

#7 5 years ago

Yeah exact same issue from Marco to AB, the rate sucks!! I prefer Pinball Life, but by the sounds of it they don’t have what you are looking for. It would be nice if there was a parts supplier with a good selection of new parts in Canada. Probably not a big enough market for it to be worth it though

#8 5 years ago

Look to order from Marco spinape? I’m willing to drive to the Montana border to pic up stuff. If you wish to contribute to gas I can pic up for you also. Gas cost is still cheaper lol.

#9 5 years ago

Try pricing your order to Marco through Paladium Store. http://www.theplaydiumstore.com
    Ask for Doug in parts. When you consider the difference in the dollars, & shipping it might be a decent saving!

#10 5 years ago

Try Nitro Amusements as well.
    Tommy can get you whatever you need.

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from wolffcub:

Look to order from Marco spinape? I’m willing to drive to the Montana border to pic up stuff. If you wish to contribute to gas I can pic up for you also. Gas cost is still cheaper lol.

Ha, maybe next order! Yeah I avoid them at all costs. I’d rather make the part myself!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shipping-options-into-canada?hl=spinape and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.