(Topic ID: 230767)

Shipping Options

By vwallat99

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for Shipping Options. I've never shipped a game before and I'm looking to do so from ND to MN. I've heard STI is good but was quoted 500 bucks. Is this a normal price or is there anything else out there?

#2 5 years ago

I just had STI from Delaware to Illinois for $350. If you search the threads for 'shipping', you will see other options and opinions. My experience with STI was really good BTW.

#4 5 years ago

Yeah that's what I keep hearing about STI but it seemed 500 was high but I'm seeing that's a normal price.

I see the other threads just trying to see if 500 was reasonable.

#5 5 years ago

Check the other thread above and call Michelle with STI

#6 5 years ago

Sounds like a lot just coming from ND. At that price it would probably be cheaper to drive and get it if you are able. I know we will be going to Bismarck and back sometime over the holiday season. Is your pin located along the I-94 corridor?

#7 5 years ago

Grand Forks

#8 5 years ago

pends if you are going to properly breakdown, pack and pallet. if not, your options are limited. STI charges way to much and takes to long and not being packed correctly things can happen. They are also slow. Once took 3 weeks to get a machine shipped 800 miles away. If you have a freight account, its much faster and safer. My account rates start at $120 and are next day to neighboring states, 4 days max anywhere in the USA.

#9 5 years ago

That's only 4.5 hours away from you! That's 2 tanks of gas at $60/tank. Take the drive!

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

That's only 4.5 hours away from you! That's 2 tanks of gas at $60/tank. Take the drive!

Transportation issues on my end. I use a pickup truck for my game hauling and it's in storage for the winter. I was only anticipating a MBrLE this holiday season which was coming directly to my door but now here we are lol

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from vwallat99:

Transportation issues on my end. I use a pickup truck for my game hauling and it's in storage for the winter. I was only anticipating a MBrLE this holiday season which was coming directly to my door but now here we are lol

Do you have another vehicle that can tow a trailer? I rent a Uhaul trailer for $15 and tow it with my full sized sedan. I don't have a pin-hauler otherwise.

#12 5 years ago

Or get a set of snow wheels/tires and take your truck out

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

Do you have another vehicle that can tow a trailer? I rent a Uhaul trailer for $15 and tow it with my full sized sedan. I don't have a pin-hauler otherwise.

Lol the car I'm using a Pontiac G8 so no hitch on that sucker. Other cars in the garage are a corvette and jaguar xkr so thats out. Truck is stored away and won't be accessible til March so thats out. I'm working on borrowing my parents SUV lol seems juvenile to ask for the help... Maybe one day I'll get something more practical.

#14 5 years ago

Rent a mini van. Done it a couple times.

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from vwallat99:

Lol the car I'm using a Pontiac G8 so no hitch on that sucker. Other cars in the garage are a corvette and jaguar xkr so thats out. Truck is stored away and won't be accessible til March so thats out. I'm working on borrowing my parents SUV lol seems juvenile to ask for the help... Maybe one day I'll get something more practical.

Seems funny out of all the vehicles mentioned, the truck is put away for the winter.

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from Monk:

Seems funny out of all the vehicles mentioned, the truck is put away for the winter.

Older truck with RWD. Been my winter beater for the last 7 years and seems like every year something else breaks down on it or a couple times getting stuck in a ditch and I'm left without a car. Plus I have alot of sentimental value to it and I decided this year that it would be semi-retired and restored to former glory. The vette and jag are stored as well but in my garage.

#17 5 years ago

Ok, as others have mentioned at that distance, I wouldn’t fart around trying to ship that thing. Just grab the parents suv or borrow a neighbors minivan (or rent) to make the trip. Do you have a spare dmd for that game?

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from vwallat99:

Yeah that's what I keep hearing about STI but it seemed 500 was high but I'm seeing that's a normal price.
    I see the other threads just trying to see if 500 was reasonable.

Yeah I just got a game shipped from New Mexico to VA and it was $450 so yeah I'd say roughly that is about right? NAVL dropped it off at my house, the game was shipped on it's legs. That was a first for me but no issues that I could tell. STI was really nice along the way.

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from vwallat99:

Older truck with RWD. Been my winter beater for the last 7 years and seems like every year something else breaks down on it or a couple times getting stuck in a ditch and I'm left without a car. Plus I have alot of sentimental value to it and I decided this year that it would be semi-retired and restored to former glory. The vette and jag are stored as well but in my garage.

I'm just poking fun with you. I figured you had a good excuse for storing it.

#20 5 years ago

Everything is set up now. Thanks for the input guys.

I dont have a spare dmd for the game. He added the colordmd with it.

#21 5 years ago

Spee dee is the way to go. 150$ for an nba jam from minneapolis to minot

1 week later
    #22 5 years ago

I used STI in the past once. It was excellent service 2 years ago. PA to MI 350.00

Today I checked a price Virginia to Michigan 450.00

Maybe seasonal also. Bust time now ? Winter ?

You get a small discount if you do not go directly through STI.
    It is nerve racking because ins covers only 1500.00 .

Hoping for another good experience .

#23 5 years ago

I just had STI from Delaware to Illinois for $350.

That is 100.00 less than my price , less distance. I would have felt much better at 350.00 instead of 450.00 which I had budgeted.

1 week later
    #24 5 years ago

I just used STI . Apparently they use contractors . This service was far different than before.

Machine arrived with head still on, legs still on . basically shrink wrapped. I need upstairs delivery . I had to slip the driver a hundred for this even though it is not all that big of a deal.

Also because of the legs and head still on the machine made it difficult to take into the house . And I am sure adds to a few Knicks no matter how careful they are at whare house and on the truck. Rather disappointed.

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

Plus $0.56 / mile costs.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shipping-options-1?hl=darcangeloel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.