9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by TKDalumni
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

Ouch... Anyone have any other options than NAVL - getting sooooo expensive to ship a game... This one is NIB so not so much worried about wrap and all that... hopefully nobody can mess up a NIB game short of a forklift and dropping it...

Anyone have other advice ? Need door to door...

#2 9 years ago

STI was $425 from Buffalo NY to Brooklyn NY...about a 6 hour drive

#3 9 years ago

Could use Freight I will pm you a brokers number. Make sure you check the insurance limits, or add extra insurace.

All Freight has gotten quite expensive recently. You would think with Oil dropping it would go down but nope

#4 9 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

You would think with Oil dropping it would go down but nope

Don't bring logic into this!

#5 9 years ago

Still amazing how much shipping has increased. Used to cost about $240 to ship a pin cross country via NAVL about 5-6 years ago. Now such a cost-prohibitive exercise...

#6 9 years ago

Recent quotes i've gotten from STI/NAVL

ID to CA $383.10
    IN to CA $445.33
    OR to CA $384.84
    NC to CA $448.20
    NY to CA $457.54
    Toronto to CA $642.32

I feel bad asking for quotes from her all the time - As I have never used them due to being able to find shipping cheaper elsewhere... But hey, its her job to give quotes

#7 9 years ago

i got asked.... how much does a Stern game in the box weight - I'm guessing 300 ?

#8 9 years ago

For a NIB machine, you are much better using freightquote.com or ship.com. NAVL charges a premium as they appear to be the only ones who will pick up a machine that is not on a pallet.
    If a location is not accessible to a 53' trailer, NAVL will really charge a premium. On the + side, I have used NAVL about 5 times and all 5 were delivered on time(they generally allow for 2 weeks) without issues.

1 week later
    #9 9 years ago
    Quoted from PinballSTAR:

i got asked.... how much does a Stern game in the box weight - I'm guessing 300 ?

295 with pallet. Sorry delayed reply

2 months later
    #10 9 years ago
    Quoted from iwantansi:

Recent quotes i've gotten from STI/NAVL
    ID to CA $383.10
    IN to CA $445.33
    OR to CA $384.84
    NC to CA $448.20
    NY to CA $457.54
    Toronto to CA $642.32
    I feel bad asking for quotes from her all the time - As I have never used them due to being able to find shipping cheaper elsewhere... But hey, its her job to give quotes

Who did you find cheaper??

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shipping-nv-to-pa-516 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.