3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Vitty
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1587[1] (resized).jpg
    canada dry #3 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1586[1] (resized).jpg
    canada dry #1 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    #1 3 years ago

There is a possibility of me shipping a machine overseas from the Netherlands to the USA.
    I'm having real trouble finding a shipping company so my question is: did anyone in the Netherlands/Europe ever ship a game to the USA?
    And what shipping company has an okay price?
    DHL charges about $2500 lol

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #2 3 years ago

Phil Palmer at Pinball Heaven used to export pins to the USA from the Netherlands. Try and contact him for ideas.

LTG : )

#3 3 years ago

In 2018 Air freight was about $1000.
    My guess is price has gone up alittle but near same cost. Assuming you’re shipping major city to major city.

#4 3 years ago

Just for reference, I shipped my Canada Dry game from the Netherlands to the USA back in 2002. Machine cost (in US dollars) was $600. Crating and shipping was initially only $375, HOWEVER every time the game was moved from one place to another there was another up charge which totaled an additional $256.03 for a grand total of $631.03 Cheap by today's standards but just be aware that each time someone handles your game its more red tape and more money then initially told.
    On a side note, when I went to Chicago to pickup the game, I was then told it was being held up in Customs because of a cow milking machine that was also in the same container and it had to be inspected for contamination first before I could take my game. UGH!! So I went home empty handed and then made the trip again a week later and was finally able to bring the game home. It all ended we'll but what a headache and A LOT of red tape.
    Back to your question, it was a company called Hellman World Wide Logistics that handled most of it, or at least from all the paper work (which I still have) thats what it looks like. Good luck!!

John

IMG_1586[1] (resized).jpgIMG_1586[1] (resized).jpgIMG_1587[1] (resized).jpgIMG_1587[1] (resized).jpgcanada dry #1 (resized).jpgcanada dry #1 (resized).jpgcanada dry #3 (resized).jpgcanada dry #3 (resized).jpg

#5 3 years ago

Thanks everyone! I'll contact some people and what I can do

#6 3 years ago

I shipped some machines years ago from Belgium to the USA with FedEx. But the buyer in the USA had to request the shipment, for some reason that was half the price I was quoted when I asked for prices.. vat is 21% which they don't have but the difference was much more than only vat.

#7 3 years ago

I’ve shipped in several machines from Germany and have a great contact I can give you. He handles all the importation stuff as an import broker. Air freight usually runs about $1500 to a residential door in the US. Probably cheaper if you can pick it up at a main terminal. PM me for details.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shipping-netherlands-gt-usa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.