Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by ledge
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

How much does it cost to ship a single pinball game to Melbourne Australia? Ball park estimate. I'm From PA.

#2 9 years ago

$1500 rough

#3 9 years ago

sgtmax is right. by air will just plain hurt. pallet it and get a real broker to ship it LCL and you might do it cheaper but its not really viable for a single machine

#4 9 years ago

If you don't know anyone at the importers side of things it can be up to $2k.

#5 9 years ago

Posts above are correct in my experience although shipping from the East of the US is + approx. $300. Cost is also influenced by whether crating is required and the impact of the crate on overall volume. Ship more than 1 machine and shipping unit cost reduces dramatically.

#6 9 years ago

are u talking shipping alone ? it shouldnt be any more than 500-600. the real cost is clearing customs/fees /getting thru quarantine and freight from dock. which is in most cases more than the actual ship cost. LCL of course. get a free trade agreement done, and save the 5% duties. unfortunately gst is applicable. if you need freight contacts, pm me.

#7 9 years ago
    Quoted from ledge:

are u talking shipping alone ? it shouldnt be any more than 500-600. the real cost is clearing customs/fees /getting thru quarantine and freight from dock. which is in most cases more than the actual ship cost. LCL of course. get a free trade agreement done, and save the 5% duties. unfortunately gst is applicable. if you need freight contacts, pm me.

I am referring to crating and shipping from the forwarders US Depot to the Port of Sydney. In the past of a number of posts have suggested lesser costs and invited follow up but I have never received replies. I would be delighted if you can provide further contact info-thks ledge.

#8 9 years ago

The buyer is willing to pay $1000 to ship two pinball games. Is that practical?

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from 04barb:

The buyer is willing to pay $1000 to ship two pinball games. Is that practical?

I dont really get whats possessed you to ask on pinside instead of getting a quote from a freight fowarder but all things considered ( including your apparent lack of experience with this type of shipping) ...no

#10 9 years ago

dude...unless you are an experienced dealer the buyer should be organising the shipping. He/she pays for the machines and organises the shipping, you simply arrange a time to be there so his/her shipper can pick up.

#11 9 years ago

agree with wiredoug and solarvalue.

I did it once it cost me way too much but I never visited a forum prior to my experience

I copped a gambling tax on a 35 year old machine as well as many other taxes which will be based on the sale value and the box volume.

If you get it crated make sure it is from wood that will be passed by imports otherwise it will be stuck on the docks.

My machine was $1k and was told $500-$700 to get over here and into the country and in the end it ended up being $3k for the game and all freight etc - totally not worth it if you don't have a few contacts.

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from solarvalue:

dude...unless you are an experienced dealer the buyer should be organising the shipping. He/she pays for the machines and organises the shipping, you simply arrange a time to be there so his/her shipper can pick up.

This. I hate shipping pins, rather buy locally, but the times I have done it I arranged it all. Wasn't the sellers problem to find out how much it was, or call anyone, just be available for the game to be picked up.

Maybe the seller is responsible for any crating, that is something you'd have to work out.

#13 9 years ago
    Quoted from solarvalue:

yep as long as the seller packs it up good, palletized, heat treated timber etc. provides necessary paperwork.. pick up is easy.

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

My machine was $1k and was told $500-$700 to get over here and into the country and in the end it ended up being $3k for the game and all freight etc - totally not worth it if you don't have a few contacts.

even with contacts, your still up for the mandatory clearance fees. and other assorted BS fees.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shipping-internationally-to-australia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.