11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by sb80
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Ok... Found a good deal on a FH. But it is in FL. Contacted M bianchi <[email protected]> and she quoted me $361.80 to ship. I give her contact information for me and the seller. Very little correspondence, so I ask if she has all req'd info. I get a answer "yes". The seller and I are in touch this entire time and he has not been contacted either. So today I ask for an update and I get this "It has a pick up of by this friday, the agent should be calling in the next couple of days to set it up". Nowhere has any talk of payment been discussed other than the original quoted amount. So then I also ask how payment is handled, and I get this "we have this set up to ship cod, you can pay with cashiers check or money order" I don't have any paperwork, nothing. Does this smell fishy to anyone? Is this what I should expect? I know Ms. Bianchi comes highly recommended on this forum, but this just seems fishy. How do I know my goods will ever get to me? They could just pick it up and put it in their own game room or resell it. Seems very fishy.

Thought?

#2 11 years ago

I use a credit card to pay Michelle all the time. Just call her up and tell her you want to. I don't do COD.

What's fishy? You had all your questions answered. If you are the shipper, you can call Michelle and they'll adjust your pickup date.

Quoted from kcZ:

I know Ms. Bianchi comes highly recommended on this forum, but this just seems fishy. How do I know my goods will ever get to me? They could just pick it up and put it in their own game room or resell it. Seems very fishy.

How do you know when someone sends something UPS the goods will ever get to you? How do you know the sun will come up tomorrow?

Quoted from kcZ:

How do I know my goods will ever get to me?

#3 11 years ago

they're a shipping company and do not have an own gameroom..

the seller where they pick it up should get some shipping receipt papers to sign as proof they've picked it up and should be able to pass this info to you

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

How do you know when someone sends something UPS the goods will ever get to you? How do you know the sun will come up tomorrow?

'Cause Annie said so! Ha! Earworm!

#5 11 years ago

I've shipped 25-35 pins with them over the last few years and have always paid COD on delivery. Personally I have always paid cash to the driver and he just notes it on the receipt. The time frame you describe has also been about the same for me, with someone calling a week or so ahead of time with a tenative day and then the driver or dispatcher generally calling the day before they will be in the area to pick up.

#6 11 years ago

Thanks for the replies. I knew they were highly recommended and just wanted to get a better idea of what to expect. She has been great about answering questions, a bit brief but I don't expect a new best friend. Price was great and I'm anxious to get my FH (Sold T3 this past weekend and my TAF is lonely).

#7 11 years ago

Don't worry. They are pros at this.

#8 11 years ago

Try to convince the seller to do some prepping of their own. It can sorta be hit or miss with how much the pickup end preps the game. I usually pay cash. Use the tracking/contract number she gave you as well.

https://extranet.spectransinc.com/BOSShipmentTracking/BOSShipTrack.aspx

#9 11 years ago

If your using NAVL just sit back and relax, Ive used them about 6 times.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shipping-expectations and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.