(Topic ID: 258789)

Shipping Empty Cabinet?

By Clnilsen

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

Just wondering if anyone has experience shipping just an empty cabinet? Thinking of like just wrapping with shrink wrap, and slapping a label on it? No mechs inside, no glass. Thoughts?

#2 4 years ago

I have done it several times, I always put on a skid and freight it.

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

I have done it several times, I always put on a skid and freight it.

I was trying to avoid freight and use a normal carrier, since I'm receiving and not sending. Trying to make it as simple as possible, hence my thought on just wrapping w/ shrink and slapping a label on it.

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from Clnilsen:

I was trying to avoid freight and use a normal carrier, since I'm receiving and not sending. Trying to make it as simple as possible, hence my thought on just wrapping w/ shrink and slapping a label on it.

At least go to Harbor Freight, get a couple of the moving blankets to wrap around it, then wrap with shrinkwrap. Shrink-wrap alone gives you zero protection.....

#5 4 years ago

I shipped an empty cabinet from Mrytle Beach to Maryland via Uship($125) and they merely blanket wrapped it, piece of cake. I've had Uship do machines also, the same way, they are in enclosed vans so no extra steps are needed and the machines are not to be stacked, obviously the empty cabinet can be.

#6 4 years ago

Whatever you do, protect the edges and corners.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shipping-empty-cabinet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.