(Topic ID: 233962)

Shipping Electronics

By oldschoolbob

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3243 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3245 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3242 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3239 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3268 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3260 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3257 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3251 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldschoolbob.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I’ve been working on an adjustable power supply. The other day I thought I blew up my bridge rectifier and I needed a new one fast. I purchased from Arrow.com before and I remembered they have free overnight shipping. I felt bad about ordering just one rectifier so I ordered about a dozen different ones. The order arrived this morning – two boxes! I was expecting a small padded envelope. Each rectifier was in its own padded, antistatic box – each box was in its own antistatic bag. But the real strange part was the long narrow box. It contained a long antistatic bag. In that was a long antistatic tube. That tube contained ONE rectifier! How can they stay in business doing this?

Bob

IMG_3239 (resized).JPGIMG_3239 (resized).JPGIMG_3251 (resized).JPGIMG_3251 (resized).JPGIMG_3257 (resized).JPGIMG_3257 (resized).JPGIMG_3260 (resized).JPGIMG_3260 (resized).JPGIMG_3242 (resized).JPGIMG_3242 (resized).JPGIMG_3243 (resized).JPGIMG_3243 (resized).JPGIMG_3245 (resized).JPGIMG_3245 (resized).JPGIMG_3268 (resized).JPGIMG_3268 (resized).JPG
    #7 5 years ago

My wife says these companies negotiate a contract with the shipper (Fed-X, UPS, ect.) They pay the contract price for a year of service - if they ship 1 item or 1000 - they still pay the contract for the whole year.

Even with that, each item in it's own box in it's own bag gets expensive.

And I agree with dothedoo GPE is still the best -

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldschoolbob.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shipping-electronics?tu=oldschoolbob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.