Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by oropuro
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“33 good name pins available.... Too risky?”

• Great plan get 'em 8 votes
      22%
    • Europe games would be too risky 9 votes
      25%
    • Great idea lets split'em ! 7 votes
      19%
    • Dumb move... 12 votes
      33%

(36 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 11 years ago

There is an ad for a shipment of 33 pins available from Spain, 13-15 A+ games, rest mostly B+, "one not working and one T2 has wear". Cost would be around $55,000 love love to fid a few investors and split load 3 ways, after we talk him down about $15,000

#2 11 years ago

I'm Interested possibly

#3 11 years ago

I would be interested maybe... Would likely ship to the east coast, yes?

#4 11 years ago

Your going to want to do your homework on the seller,customs ect,

#5 11 years ago

I will get references, says he has some stateside, and should be sending me some pics.

Quoted from Skypilot:Your going to want to do your homework on the seller,customs ect,

I am shooting for Seattle or Portland drop off if I split, otherwise at my doorstep...

#6 11 years ago

Looks like out of the two threads this is the one that lived, so I'll copy/paste my response from the other thread...

I know some people who have done this and got burned badly on the condition of the machines. He resorted to selling them off on eBay to recoup what he could, but he essentially took a huge hit and the gamble never paid off.

It used to be that buying in bulk out of Europe was a good way to get nice pins, but a lot of the nice re-imports already made their way here. I'm not saying that it's impossible to get a good lot, but it's less likely than it was 10 years ago.

#7 11 years ago

Been there, done that, won't do it again.

It's been discussed in detail here before.

#8 11 years ago

Does the seller have any pics?

#9 11 years ago

Who is the seller and the list of games?Then we will know if its a deal.

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from oropuro:

I am shooting for Seattle or Portland drop off

Sweet more for us in the Pacific Northwest! Keep me posted, have no $ at the moment, but still interested.

#11 11 years ago

i would think about splitting.

#12 11 years ago

The fun part will be determining who gets which games.

#13 11 years ago

Id be interested

#14 11 years ago

What are the titles

#15 11 years ago

Only one to decide. Battle Royal. 1st person tossed over the top rope picks last. The winner gets crowned "king of the ring" and gets two picks off the top

#16 11 years ago

You assign every machine a number and do a draw from a hat. It's the only fair way. After all the drawing is done, you can barter for trades and such, but if everybody agrees beforehand, there's not a more civil way to handle it.

If not that, draw numbers for a pick order and do it just like a fantasy draft. 1 goes first on down the line to the last number, and the last guy picks twice to start the reverse order. Keep going until machines are gone.

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

You assign every machine a number and do a draw from a hat. It's the only fair way. After all the drawing is done, you can barter for trades and such, but if everybody agrees beforehand, there's not a more civil way to handle it.
    If not that, draw numbers for a pick order and do it just like a fantasy draft. 1 goes first on down the line to the last number, and the last guy picks twice to start the reverse order. Keep going until machines are gone.

Draft is probably the best way. If I'm putting in over 10k, I'm not leaving which games I get to chance.

#18 11 years ago

Can we see the list. I would be interested in this deal if its for real.

#19 11 years ago

Since I live in Europe I am interested

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballgeek:

Since I live in Europe I am interested

I'd be interested, and you could go look at them! and facilitate the arrangements, all involved should compensate you in some way.

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from ovfdfireman:

I'd be interested, and you could go look at them! and facilitate the arrangements, all involved should compensate you in some way.

While I think a container overseas will always be a risky move, having a local trusted pinhead to help facilitate and check them out in person is invaluable and I agree with OVFD on this one

#22 11 years ago

http://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/4797
    has some real nice ones...quoted me a price of $55,000 US for shipping to my door, would like to negotiate price with him, but would also like 3 or 4 partners to go in with...could have shipped to more central location on west coast area...Portland, Seattle, Reno, would want to do a draft, where we draw who gets first pick then do like a fantasy draft..a few duplicates but all great titles in my book, If they cam as advertised, $55,000 no problem..but there is always a problem,,
    seller only told me one(Baywatch..last pick) doesnt work and one of the T2 has wear...would love to get inspected by anyone besides seller...supposed to get pics soon..

#23 11 years ago

We have a local guy here in Canada that makes regular container group buys from a trusted European source and I have to say that, as long as your expectations are realistic, there are some good deals to be had.
    I purchased a CC last month and I have a Zaccaria Farfalla coming on the next container... maybe a TOTAN after that.
    Since I plan to restore all my games, condition is not as critical, but I think there are still some good European sources for pins.

#24 11 years ago

good to hear...like i said wish i had a good small group to work through this with...I think it is too big to deal with alone and I do not have the knowledge of this type of shippment.

#25 11 years ago

In other unrelated news, Robin uses a 16-bit signed integer (SQL Smallint) to store the price of the pin in the database!

#26 11 years ago

factor in other things as well - such as the time to convert them all to 110V

Sounds simple and easy - but do that x 30 and you have a weeks work!!

#27 11 years ago

True but if I had 4 partners, we each have 6 to fix....

#29 11 years ago

nice but think I if i get a long distant shippment it will come from Chicago or Boston, non of that international stuff, too Risky i think wins the vote.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shipping-container-from-europe-2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.