1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
Screen Shot 2022-07-01 at 9.37.43 AM (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JodyG.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 1 year ago

UPS shipping is based on dimensional weight, so prices can jump in a hurry on larger items. I have folks paying over $50 to get big ramps from the east coast to the west coast. Every inch counts, and I wind up having to stock a dozen box sizes just to save my customers some money. Not much else I can do there, even with discounts applied. $13 seems to be about normal to me recently. USPS really got bad with any package over their small sized sweet spot. They are sending the message that they just don't want to deal with packages over a cubic foot. I usually default to USPS when I order small items, because they are typically faster. But now that they jacked up prices on medium sized parcels, I'm picking UPS more often.

I avoid FedEx at all costs.

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Pinball websites have always charged a ridiculous amount for shipping. Well before inflation and gas prices.

You could just drive to them and pick it up if you want to be cheap.

Pricing depends on volume. Not all pinball websites move enough volume to get crazy good discounts from shippers. Yes, Shipstation and Shopify get you discounts, but it's still higher than what the big guns get. Boxes are not cheap either. $4-$7 each for a large ramp box plus packing materials all add up. You have to buy boxes in bundles and bubble wrap/craft paper in bulk to get any kind of reasonable price on them. I'm out several hundred dollars just getting to the point of being able to ship something. Sorry, none of us are billion dollar companies like Amazon, so you may be a bit let down that you won't be receiving your pinball parts in a day with free shipping for a nominal $13/month.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JodyG.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shipping-charges-sigh?tu=JodyG and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.