3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by ZMeny
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

It has been a few years since my last activity on the website. We've been busy, moving, having a baby, and concentrating on our business. Now that we're in the midst of a global pandemic and catastrophic economic meltdown, I figure it's a good time to get back into the hobby in a serious way.

I want to buy a trio of new games. I've reached out to a few dealers for MMR, AFMR, and MBR games regarding availability. I live in Northern VA and there doesn't seem to be a dealer within 3 hours of me. I would love if I could get a dealer to deliver and set them up, but I know that may not be possible or may severely limit who I can buy from and my potential bargaining power.

So... what have been the experiences with shipping a new game in it's factory box? My worry is that they'll be delivered and be damaged and I'll just have a headache on my hands trying to get it repaired or replaced. I trust a FedEx freight to deliver some dumb bells, but not so much with a pinball machine. Thoughts? Experiences?

Also, if I'm entertaining having them shipped, anyone have recommendations for dealers? I've never bought a new in the box pin.

#2 3 years ago

NIB or second hand, there is always risk of damage when transporting a pinball machine.

If you buy NIB examine the packaging thoroughly, sometimes you can even open the box to look, but once you sign for it, the pin is yours. You can also request insurance from the shipper if it is not already provided.

I've opened quite a few NIB pins and personally I have yet to reject one. With that said, there are plenty on here who probably have a horror story to tell. I can recall real bad JP delivery that was posted a couple months back.

Either way, good luck to you and welcome back to the hobby.

#3 3 years ago

If you're planning on buying three NIB games all at once I'd be willing to bet you could get a dealer to also do white glove delivery for a fee, that's a pretty huge purchase. Just reach out to the ones closest to you, Cointaker is only ~200 miles from you and I know they do white glove delivery.

#4 3 years ago

Chicago Gaming machines are generally sold at MSRP plus shipping. Buying 2 or 3 at once should at least get you a substantial shipping discount.

I wouldn’t really worry about shipping damage on a NIB game. Their machines are packed very well, and just don’t accept it if there is any visible damage. Also, don’t hesitate to partially, or fully, open the box and take a closer look before signing - especially if there are any signs at all of mis-handling. Just tip the driver if he needs to wait awhile.

I think some distributors, e.g. Automated, accept credit cards without a premium that would give you further protection.

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ikeaboy1:

anyone have recommendations for dealers?

Gerry gstellenberg from Multimorphic
    Melissa CoinTaker
    Zach ZMeny with Flip ‘n Out
    JJ Gexchange Game Exchange
    Trent with Tilt Amusements

#6 3 years ago

We are out of stock on two of those three or we would love to have helped ya. Try Chris at KingPin or JJ at Game Exchange, two great dealers to work with.

Zach Meny
    Flip N Out Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shipping-brand-new-pinballs-suggestions-experience?hl=zmeny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.