4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Orko
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190625_072056 (resized).jpg
    #1 4 years ago

Hello everyone, fairly new here and not sure if this would be the appropriate place for this but I'm looking to get my first pin, twilight or medievil maddness, but the problem is, I live in an upstairs condo.

I have seen various posts about pins able to be moved up there as not a problem, as movers will normally do that sort of thing. But I'm working with the picture attatched, and as you can see, my stairs to my place are a bit more....treacherous, with larger items. What can I expect in getting a pin up these bad boys? Will I need to have the pin broken down into the backboard cabinet and legs?

20190625_072056 (resized).jpg20190625_072056 (resized).jpg
    #2 4 years ago

Bit of a back breaker but doable.

Standard way - You'll need an appliance dolly (dolly with a strap), and some friends. The legs come off the game and it should have a strap around it or plastic wrap to keep the head folded on the cabinet, and the it gets strapped in the appliance dolly.
    One person above lifting one step at a time and 1 person at the bottom pushing. If you have a friend or 2 for help just cause it's a lot of stairs that would help.
    If you don;t want to buy a dolly you can rent one from a uhaul type store.

Easy way - Find someone with a escalara, which is a dolly that climbs stairs by itself.

#3 4 years ago

Do you think i will need to have the backbox taken off?

#4 4 years ago

Naw, I've never taken the head off a modern machine for moving.

The first layer of stairs wont be terrible becasue you'll be fresh. So you'll be taking a little rest at the 1st landing

But then only 6 stairs after that...not bad.

#5 4 years ago

You may be able to get the game still in the box all the way up the stairs. Looks like you'll need to unbox it before going inside (note: not sure if you mean a NIB madness).

#6 4 years ago

There are places that rent escalaras. I would look into that as a possibility.

#7 4 years ago

Appliance dolly, another guy, time, and a 6 pack.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

You may be able to get the game still in the box all the way up the stairs. Looks like you'll need to unbox it before going inside (note: not sure if you mean a NIB madness).

I was eyeing a used Twilight zone from across the country, so unfortunately i would need to have it shipped, im half debating about paying to have them move it into the condo as well.

Now as far as taking off the legs and re attaching them. How does one go about that the correct way, if i need to and i probably will need to remove the legs.

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from BumperBuster:

How does one go about that the correct way, if i need to and i probably will need to remove the legs.

Just make sure to have a socket wrench with a 5/8 attachment. I’d recommend having someone to help you out the legs back on although I’ve done it myself. Just lift up and put a chair under the machine and then rinse and repeat.

#10 4 years ago

This video is from GAP. Pretty good video that shows you how to set it up.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shipping-and-moving-to-a-condo-upstairs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.