11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by TaylorVA
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Buying used playfield. What is the best method for shipping it? USPS seems high!

"The box is 48 x 26 x 4 and weighs 7 pounds.  According to the USPS the cost to ship this box to you is $49.75.  Please feel free to check other options and let me know how you want me to proceed."

This thing is going to be artwork on my wall so think inexpensive. Safest might be good here just for reference to others.

Cheers

#2 11 years ago

50$ is pretty average as far as I know.

#3 11 years ago

If it's just for wall art, slap it between 2 pieces of cardboard and tape them up. Mirco ships *new* playfields from Europe between 2 pieces of cardboard stapled together...

#6 11 years ago

I clicked on this thread to come and post vid's link ^.

Good stuff.

Quoted from johnwartjr:

If it's just for wall art, slap it between 2 pieces of cardboard and tape them up. Mirco ships *new* playfields from Europe between 2 pieces of cardboard stapled together...

The only playfield I've ever had shipped was basically like this. A towel was wrapped around the playfield, and then it was taped between cardboard.

Was like $20 to ship. Arrived to me in perfect condition.

#7 11 years ago

I've had playfields shipped to me sandwiched between two pieces of cardboard with no problems.

#8 11 years ago

sheesh vid, you go all out. I suppose if it were restored, I'd want it packed that well too. I know CPR double boxes it, not much padding. I bought one on ebay to restore, cost the shipper like $22 because it's so freaking long.

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

sheesh vid, you go all out.

You kinda have to, or UPS will not honor your claim for damage.

If you don't have 1.5" of padding around an item, they will deny your claim with "insufficient packaging".

If you've seen a playfield that has been dropped on its corner during shipping, you know that no matter how many pounds of pressure you use when you try to glue the layers back, it will always be fncked.

It does not cost much money or time to simply pack it right - and you actually get your insured amount if UPS still somehow damages it.

#10 11 years ago

I have always used FedEx. They seemed reasonable. Best method to ship a playfield is in a crate with the playfield enveloped in foam. My opinion of course.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shipping-a-playfield-best-method and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.