Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by hawkmoon
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

Hello Fellow pinsiders,
    I was wondering if anyone can recommend a shipping option from Oklahoma to Southern California for transporting a pin. I got a quote from STI for $430. Jusr checking to see if I might have anotherboption, maybe someone is headed tis way to sunny CA.
    Any advice etc is greatly appreciated!

#2 8 years ago

That's pretty much your only option. I've use them several times with no issues.

#3 8 years ago

Pilot will do it much cheaper if you don't mind picking it up from their depot in Hawthorne.

#4 8 years ago

Hey O-din,
    What are the requirements with Pilot air out of curiousity?

#5 8 years ago

I have gotten a few in from Utah and he puts them on a pallet and drops them off at the depot and they have been around $200. I just go down there and they load it into the back of my truck and I drive home. It's not that far from OC.

#6 8 years ago

I have had pins shipped with YRC (2), R&L (2), and SAIA. Haven't had problems with any of them. YRC we go pick the machine up at the terminal.

#7 8 years ago

What prices are the other carriers in relation to NAVL? Curious myself because I've missed out on countless deals because shipping kills the deal. It not the shipping price, which is cheaper than gas in my car most of the time. It's the fear of damage to the pin that I'm afraid of. NAVL's claim procedure basically sucks

#8 8 years ago

Pilot Air, Port-to-port is a flat rate. $150 from any port. All you need to do is put it on a pallet. However, they do not insure collectibles or antiques which is what they categorised pins. Other than that it is a fantastic service. Customer support has been very friendly.

#9 8 years ago

Had a pin shipped earlier this year utilizing the local Fastenal store. 1/2 the price of NAVL. They ship their own goods from store to store, but usually there's room on the truck, so they'll take outside cargo like pre-wrapped pins. If there's a Fastenal store near the point of origin and shipping destination, might be a good option.

2 weeks later
    #10 8 years ago

I actually have one coming from California to Oklahoma and the price was a bit cheaper....not sure why, but mine was in Soithern California if that helps to understand why.

What gets my goose is that it was picked up Monday and has been bouncing around Southern California all week.

Still hasn't started heading East...

1 week later
    #11 8 years ago
    Quoted from emguy:

Had a pin shipped earlier this year utilizing the local Fastenal store. 1/2 the price of NAVL. They ship their own goods from store to store, but usually there's room on the truck, so they'll take outside cargo like pre-wrapped pins. If there's a Fastenal store near the point of origin and shipping destination, might be a good option.

How many days did it take?

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from emguy:

That is a fantastic idea. Nice out of the box thinking

#13 8 years ago

About NAVL,had a TAFG shipped from MASS.to Norcal.500.00! Had insurance for 15,000.,for a additional 150. 656.50,total.Pin stayed in Boston for 3 days,2days in Chicago,2days in UTAH,8days on the road! Delivered no problem!

#14 8 years ago

Did my research and this is the best I could find...

Michelle or email her [email protected]...(630)-352-3312.

$426.80 from Connecticut to San Diego, CA (includes insurance)

#15 8 years ago

Yeppers,that is the agent for NAVL!!! Michelle will fix U up! Don't forget to insure it! They will only cover $1500.!Peace!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shipping-a-pin-ok-to-ca and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.