Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

sh4 (resized).jpg
    sh3 (resized).jpg
    sh2 (resized).jpg
    Shipping2 (resized).jpg
    #1 3 years ago

Anyone have experience importing a game from Australia? Looking for guidance about reputable freight brokers/companies, cost, air vs. ocean, and any other tips.

#2 3 years ago
    Quoted from arob:

Anyone have experience importing a game from Australia? Looking for guidance about reputable freight brokers/companies, cost, air vs. ocean, and any other tips.

Get the pin (standing on it's end) put on a pallet and well strapped down and protected (foam and cardboard). See the pic below

The cheapest way is to get it shipped over in a container - freighting companies offer LCL (Less than Container Load) transport. They will fill a container with multiple LCL goods and handle all the export/import side of things. Freighting companies can organise the pickup and dropoff at each end if needed.

I can't advise on costs or companies as I've only brought into Australia, not the other way around.

Shipping2 (resized).jpgShipping2 (resized).jpg
    #3 3 years ago
    Quoted from Manny65:

Get the pin (standing on it's end) put on a pallet and well strapped down and protected (foam and cardboard). See the pic below
    The cheapest way is to get it shipped over in a container - freighting companies offer LCL (Less than Container Load) transport. They will fill a container with multiple LCL goods and handle all the export/import side of things. Freighting companies can organise the pickup and dropoff at each end if needed.
    I can't advise on costs or companies as I've only brought into Australia, not the other way around.
    [quoted image]

Keep in mind that every square foot of the container will be filled. I like how you packaged that, however I would crate the game around what you did there. Screw a piece of plywood the same size or 1/2" narrower onto the pallet. Add some cut 2x4s to the pallet around the pin, then screw plywood walls to the pin, and then a top.

#4 3 years ago

Contact darren kayser at inXpress logistics ([email protected]). He imported several games from Germany to the US for me. Great guy and super easy to work with. Seems to have very competitive pricing from what I can tell as well.

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from arob:

Anyone have experience importing a game from Australia?.

Out of interest .. What game would you want to bring from Aussie to the States?

99.9% of pin traffic goes the other way.

rd

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from Vitty:

Contact darren kayser at inXpress logistics ([email protected]). He imported several games from Germany to the US for me. Great guy and super easy to work with. Seems to have very competitive pricing from what I can tell as well.

Thanks, I've been in touch with Darren already, and he's been awesome! Unfortunately, the option he's been able to quote thus far does not include crating at the origin. He's working on finding a crating solution, but in the meantime, I thought I'd ask if others had experience with any other providers or any other Australia-specific advice or experience.

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

rd

I was about to ask the same thing!

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from Vitty:

This for sure, Darren is the man. They have helped me get lots of stuff from overseas.

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

rd

FJ Holden or maybe a Howzat to finish off a bizarro collection of obscure OS pinballs.

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

FJ Holden or maybe a Howzat to finish off a bizarro collection of obscure OS pinballs.

Or a Hankin Empire Strikes Back?

Funny enough - there was an FJ Holden up for sale in Chicago a few weeks ago.

rd

#11 3 years ago

I have a Hankin Orbit 1 here and got my Hankin Shark delivered yesterday. What a great machine. The art on the plastics and playfield is some of the best pinball art i've ever seen. It's up there with my Sorcerer

sh2 (resized).jpgsh2 (resized).jpg

sh3 (resized).jpgsh3 (resized).jpg

sh4 (resized).jpgsh4 (resized).jpg

1 month later
    #12 3 years ago
    Quoted from Manny65:

[quoted image]

How much would the shipping of a machine from the US to Australia cost? What shipping company would you recommend using?

#13 3 years ago

Contact Jason at pinball classics as they bring containers in from LA a couple times a year. My sorcerer cost under $500US i seem to recall.

#14 3 years ago

I bought my Alien from Wade in Australia. He packaged it so well, put wood boards surrounding the box to protect it and shipped it via US airways. Then it came to Detroit airport and a shipping company picked it up and delivered it.Was so smooth. He used a broker named Bruce Thompson with Musson International Freight Fwdrs - LA, LLC

Was very easy.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shipping-a-machine-from-australia-to-the-united-states?hl=vin-bot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.