(Topic ID: 248691)

Shipping a fully populated widebody playfield international price???

By rollinover

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by woody76
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

So I’ve done some online quotes and the prices seem absolutely nuts

Ranging from 1200- 1900 for the shipment ???

Gottlieb System 1 Widebody

This would be going from USA to Chile

Very large playfield
    Has anyone shipped anything like this ??

The rates are coming up higher then I have ever seen
    I’ve shipped fully populated ones stateside for like 70 bucks

#2 4 years ago

Anyone have advice

#3 4 years ago

International shipping cost are pretty much INSANE these days. I have shipped 5 ounce packages to International customers that have cost close to $20. A 7 or 8 pound package can cost close to $100 to some locations so I have to think shipping a playfield any method would cost a ton of money. The last machine I shipped outside the US cost the buyer $1800 in shipping NOT INCLUDING customs charges and that was close to 5 years ago. INSANE!

#4 4 years ago

That’s not good to hear
    I know they have flat rate boxes

I’m more concerned with the giant playfield

#5 4 years ago

Foreign shipping is surprisingly expensive. Shipping to Canada is a bit on the high side, but not too bad. Pretty much everywhere else I've heard about is pretty ridiculous, especially for anything large and/or heavy.

#6 4 years ago

Looks like I can ship almost anything metal and heavy in a flat rate large usps box 100 bucks flat and unlimited weight. —- would not work well for big ramps etc.

As for just the wood playfield yet to be seen

Anyone know how much one of those weighs or cost to ship alone

I’m sure cpr does or people who make playfields

#7 4 years ago

I paid close to 380 usd for shipping a pinball machine (ST25th) from Gothenburg in Sweden to Taipei in Taiwan last year.

6 weeks and it was at my doorstep in Taipei... I can't say I find that expensive at all... More than half of the way around the world...

#8 4 years ago

Unfortunately, shipping a playfield like that overseas costs more than the playfield value.

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from JackMorten:

I paid close to 380 usd for shipping a pinball machine (ST25th) from Gothenburg in Sweden to Taipei in Taiwan last year.
    6 weeks and it was at my doorstep in Taipei... I can't say I find that expensive at all... More than half of the way around the world...

What shipping company did you use???

And not really if someone wants the playfield they will pay for it and the shipping

#10 4 years ago

I had a creature playfield shipped to me from the UK, the top of the playfield was disassembled and shipped in a box but I paid 250 for ups international and I got it in about 2 weeks.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from Only68s:

I had a creature playfield shipped to me from the UK, the top of the playfield was disassembled and shipped in a box but I paid 250 for ups international and I got it in about 2 weeks.

Shipping *into* the US isn't too unreasonable. Shipping out from the US tends to be a bit more expensive.

#12 4 years ago

Thanks for the info

That’s what I plan on doing all the parts in a large flat rate box
    100 bucks

And crossing my fingers on the playfield and plastics shipped separate

2 weeks later
    #13 4 years ago

I had a fully populated Frontier playfield shipped to me from overseas and it was $250 2 years ago. I think I used DHL.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shipping-a-fully-populated-widebody-playfield-international-price?hl=only68s and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.