New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 268134)

Shipping

By Playbig

5 months ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by pinzrfun
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

#1 5 months ago

What shipping company would u use if you need a semi truck load of games from California to Michigan?

#2 5 months ago

Multiple options discussed in here, although mostly singles, I'm sure the same would apply for full LTL

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shipping-options-for-games

#3 5 months ago

Is the guy on the other end going to put them on pallets? If so I would just call freight companies and get quotes. If your games fill the entire trailer then there will be no unloading and loading between shipment location and delivery location so no real chance of damages.

If they are shipping on legs I would call STI, they give pretty good discounts for multiple game shipments.

#4 5 months ago
Quoted from Playbig:

What shipping company would u use if you need a semi truck load of games from California to Michigan?

I think if I was the one doing something like that I would have to find an independent trucker with a box truck. Go out and load the truck myself (with some paid help on that end). Then have load delivered to my receiving address. Doing it any other way seems like it would be crazy expensive and also have a lot of risk.

#5 5 months ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Multiple options discussed in here, although mostly singles, I'm sure the same would apply for full LTL
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shipping-options-for-games

There's no such thing as "full LTL"....LTL actually stands for "less that truckload"....
....but most people haven't spent 25 years in logistics so that's ok.

Do you need a liftgate on each end or are they being loaded someplace that's dock high?
You may not need them palletized if you're using the whole trailer, again, depends how they're being loaded (forklift?). There are all kinds of carriers that do this, but don't expect any assistance loading or unloading. You may have better luck with a smaller mom and pop outfit than the big boys, they probably won't want to bother with it.

R&L has liftgate tractor trailers -
There are search engines you can use, plug in your p/u and delivery locations and carriers bid on the trips (not talking uShip). One such is Sylectus.

Second day on Pinside and you're moving a tractor trailer of games?

#6 5 months ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

There's no such thing as "full LTL"....LTL actually stands for "less that truckload"

Yes, you are correct. I'm so used to dealings with literal LTL, I just use that term for all freight. It is very seldom that in my business we need any entire load.
To add further self flogging, my B.S. is actually in distribution (logistics) if any one should know better, it is I.

#7 5 months ago
Quoted from Playbig:

Flat bed or box?

#8 5 months ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Yes, you are correct. I'm so used to dealings with literal LTL, I just use that term for all freight. It is very seldom that in my business we need any entire load.
To add further self flogging, my B.S. is actually in distribution (logistics) if any one should know better, it is I.

Ah, a fellow logistics servant! I've done just about every mode there is, one thing I like about this field. No 2 days are exactly alike. My degree is in electronics but I got it later in life, too many years invested in logistics to shift gears professionally, but it comes in handy with this hobby.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 199.95
Cabinet - Toppers
COINTAKER.COM
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
$ 32.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 5,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 299.00
Displays
Boston Pinball Company
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Cobra Amusements
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 90.00
$ 159.00
$ 128.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Judge Dredd plastic Out of stock
Pinball Haus

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside