• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4492.jpg
IMG_4490.jpg
#1 11 years ago

Such a hassle to set up and coordinate and then packing the game is a pain the whole time as well. Opted with a terminal to terminal drop off as I could drop it off in the evening and not have to take a day off and wait for 5 hours for them to come pick it up. Next time I'm just taking the day off and letting them do everything. Seller will arrange it all as well.

Hope Xenon makes it to Texas ok. IMG_4490.jpgIMG_4490.jpg IMG_4492.jpgIMG_4492.jpg

#2 11 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Such a hassle to set up and coordinate and then packing the game is a pain the whole time as well. Opted with a terminal to terminal drop off as I could drop it off in the evening and not have to take a day off and wait for 5 hours for them to come pick it up. Next time I'm just taking the day off and letting them do everything. Seller will arrange it all as well.
Hope Xenon makes it to Texas ok.

That's the price you pay for a good shipping rate via terminal to terminal. One of the reasons why NAVL is so nice. Yes it's more expensive for the buyer but much more convenient for the seller.

#3 11 years ago

You need to use NAVL and ship on legs...it will cost more, but save you the hassle and a post.

#4 11 years ago

Game has to come off legs to get out of my house. Tight corner by my door. I chose not to have NAVL pick it up because I didn't want to lose a day of work waiting for them. I was able to drop at a terminal in the evening. NAVL will not pick up after 5 which is when I get out of work.

#5 11 years ago

So how does shipping NAVL work? Just call them and they do everything??

#6 11 years ago

Shipped 3 games out in the last month & NAVL is the way to go. Their guys are very helpful & help wrap the pins up nice & secure. Thats the only way i'll ship games in the future.

#7 11 years ago

Yep - call them up (they will transfer you to STI), they will call you in a few days to schedule pickup. You just need to make sure it is on the first floor. I usually put the backbox down with some padding between it and rails to be safe, then I take balls/key/manual and shrink to backbox. Worked great everytime so far!

#8 11 years ago

I like using uship-it better. They come and pick it up from the house, and since its a ebay company you still get the insurance thru it! Ive never had a bad one yet.. oh wait wheres the wood to knock on..

#9 11 years ago

I would be leary to ship with legs on.The lumpers at the terminals just scoot the games and if there is anything on the trailer floor that catches the leg it will bust it off.Had some STI drivers tell me that Wed. when I shipped one.

#10 11 years ago

I think NAVL has a "white glove" type of shipping for games also if you’re leery. They have a very good track record shipping games/pins in the hobby.

Yes, wrapping a game for shipping is a pain. I did this for a CV first shrink wrapping then cardboard then shrink wrapping again. Finally adding straps and a pallet. It's the only way to make sure the game makes it in one piece and unscaved. Your buyer will appreciate it though

Just part of the hobby.

Mike

www.HabosArcade.com

#11 11 years ago

NAVL is great and worth every extra penny. I used to ship with forward air (freight) and they rammed a forklift through the front of my medieval madness. Never again.

#12 11 years ago

Used NAVL from NYC to Ohio recently. Seamless! Seller put pin in garage, they packed and loaded it. They arrived at his place at 6:00 AM exactly as they promised. Took about 5 days to get here. They scheduled drop off day prior, called me 1 hour prior. They were five minutes early. They stuck it in my garage (they will take in to first floor if you ask). They even left new blankets and a nice strap down with me. $335.00. STI (specialized transport inc.) is the arcade shipping arm of NAVL. BTW, I had it shipped legs on--no problem.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Volcano Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jeffersonville, IN
Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
$ 90.00
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 82.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shiping-is-a-pain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.