View topic image gallery

20210424_152449 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210420-232326_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
20210422_212121 (resized).jpg
20210415_231224 (resized).jpg
20210415_231247 (resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

Hello Pinside Members,

I managed to get hold of a shipmates from the year 64. but he doesn't want to start read a lot about a coin door switch. searched for a while but came across cut cables. does anyone know why the cabinet won't start and where these cables should go?

Thanks in advance

Greetings Philippe

20210415_231224 (resized).jpg20210415_231224 (resized).jpg20210415_231247 (resized).jpg20210415_231247 (resized).jpg
#2 2 years ago
Quoted from Fupke123:

I managed to get hold of a shipmates from the year 64. but he doesn't want to start read a lot about a coin door switch. searched for a while but came across cut cables. does anyone know why the cabinet won't start and where these cables should go?

Does it get power and lite up when turned on? If so, does it do anything when the start button is pushed?

#3 2 years ago

When i manually activate the 115v hold relay the pinball machine lite up. But the start button does not work at all.

The loose wires the orange and purple ones on the picture cut away from something i think i am missing something on the door?

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from Fupke123:

The loose wires the orange and purple ones on the picture cut away from something i think i am missing something on the door?

The door is pretty messy, but I can't really tell what is what there. If you activate the 115 Hold then push on the W relay, does it start?

#5 2 years ago

It looks like the coin switch was cut out and the 2 orange wires weren’t soldered back together and taped. The blue wire is from the other leg of the switch. The daisy chained orange wire will then feed the replay button.

#6 2 years ago

Score reels are critical in these old games. I usually clean and adjust them as one of the first things before even powering up. Sometimes it helps the manually turn the score motor to make sure it's stopped in one of the three correct positions.

#7 2 years ago

Reply sent in private message

#8 2 years ago

currieddog i will give that a try when i am back home thanks for the input

pinballdaveh can i manually hold the orange and blue cables together for a second and try to activate a simulated replay switch?

Is it possible to solder de cables on to the start button or is that a stupid idea?

John_I i will check the score reels the pins that keep the score reels in place are missing

#9 2 years ago

I tried to start the machine again and it works but the score motor keeps spinning. The balls played unit loos like he is missing the reset switch the relay keeps firing of the ball unit anyone knows what to check next

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from Fupke123:

I tried to start the machine again and it works but the score motor keeps spinning. The balls played unit loos like he is missing the reset switch the relay keeps firing of the ball unit anyone knows what to check next

Are the score reels resetting?

#11 2 years ago

The score reels are not resetting i inspected the switched they appear to be in good condition

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from Fupke123:

The score reels are not resetting i inspected the switched they appear to be in good condition

Some of the switches likely need adj. Read more here: http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index2.htm#reels

The score motor will keep running til they reset properly.

#13 2 years ago

currieddog thabks i am going to do this tomorrow and this picture is my ball played unit what keeps firing.

20210422_212121 (resized).jpg20210422_212121 (resized).jpg
#14 2 years ago

Which coil keeps firing, the increment or decrement? And what happens each time?

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from Fupke123:

currieddog thabks i am going to do this tomorrow and this picture is my ball played unit what keeps firing. [quoted image]

Ugh. That thing is gummed up and needs a complete disassembly and cleaning.

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Ugh. That thing is gummed up and needs a complete disassembly and cleaning.

Agreed. Read more here, Fupke: http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index2.htm#steps

#17 2 years ago

The top coil is firing continues. The bottom coil never gets activated and the wheel keeps turning until the position on the picture but the top coil keeps firing. I got an photo of the internet there is 1 more switch am i missing this switch or is this another model?

Screenshot_20210420-232326_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210420-232326_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#18 2 years ago

currieddog thanks i will clean this one up

#19 2 years ago

The balls played unit is working now when i cleaned up and turned it 180 degrees someone before managed to misalign. I also found this on one of my score reels.

20210424_152449 (resized).jpg20210424_152449 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball
Cabinet parts
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet parts
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 5.00
Lighting
Pinball Mod Co.
Lighting
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ship-mates-64-not-starting?hl=currieddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.